Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats the deal with all the crap anime?

1. Three times.
    You SEE him three times, but I can only think of two fights.
    Gunbuster isn't always used doesn't mean there's no other robot action
    But it's just so lame, the robots attack these evil aliens with the mecha version of wooden swords.
    There's more to Gunbuster than just that stuff anyway
    Yes, but it's just not too compelling. The main character is fairly well developed but none of the other characters really are, they aren't even interesting.

And plus the last episode being black and white for no reason didn't endear the series to me. I think most of the love for gunbuster comes from the fact people saw it so long ago and it was one of the first anime series they had ever seen. I know I've talked to a lot of people who that was the case. I know a lot of people love this series, but man I'm just not seeing it.
    I <3 Gurren Lagann too.
    Well I guess we can get along

2. Gasaraki, Ikki Tousen, and Macross Plus.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

3. Watch Hunter X Hunter and Hajime No Ippo.

4. Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood View Post
    Watch Hunter X Hunter and Hajime No Ippo.
    Good ones.

Another one I can recommend is History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi

5. I'm currently enjoying Denno Coil, six episodes in and having a great time. As sick as I am of anime about kids doing stupid kid stuff, Denno Coil is just plain fun and is avoiding all the painful anime cliches so far. I'll also recommend Planetes, because it's much more down to earth than all the space opera.

Also, I love One Piece. The manga is a blast and the anime, somehow, is even better. Screw Dragonball Z and everything trying so damn hard to be just like it, but One Piece is great.

James

6. Also, I love One Piece. The manga is a blast and the anime, somehow, is even better. Screw Dragonball Z and everything trying so damn hard to be just like it, but One Piece is great.
    Dragon ball Z aired in 1989, and the manga came out in 1984. One piece didn't come out until 1997, plus the series are nothing alike.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Zerohero View Post
    Its a good strait up popcorn action film. It the only anime my pops actually wanted to sit down and watch, and getting him to watch anime is damn near impossible.
    Did he try Sin: The Movie? I hated both Sin and Spriggan, but I usually find that people who like one of them will also enjoy the other.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Rem View Post
    Dragon ball Z aired in 1989, and the manga came out in 1984. One piece didn't come out until 1997, plus the series are nothing alike.
    One Piece is clearly inspired by Dragon Ball, to the point that Oda openly admits it. One Piece is about a roving band of adventurers fighting ever-growing dangers in a world both familiar and foreign, filled with comedy, drama, wonder, and a quirky style that looks like nothing else. Just like another series that came out long enough ago to be a strong influence on a young artist.

James

9. One Piece is clearly inspired by Dragon Ball
    I see what you were trying to say, the way I read it the whole thing sounded backwards.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Station View Post
    Have you seen Victory Gundam yet?

Here's what I recommend, Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

110 episodes of epic galactic war, politics, character development and conspiracies. You will not be disappointed.
    I've seen an episode, and I was somewhat impressed. There has got to be alot of depth if its 110 episodes. I'll probably order the boxset.
    Dont be a robot, be human.
    PSN: Di3heart