Page 1 of 12 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats the deal with all the crap anime?

1. Whats the deal with all the crap anime?

For starters here is a small list of what I like, and call good anime in my opinion.

Escaflowne
    Berserk
    Akira
    Haibane Renmei
    Vampire Hunter D Blood Lust
    Voices of a Distant Star.
    UN Squadron ( The original OVA's)
    Cowboy Bebop
    Spirggan
    Gundam 0083 Stardust memory
    Zeta Gundam
    Chars Counter Attack
    Grave of the Fireflies
    Perfect blue
    Nausic Valley of the Wind
    Golgo 13
    Robotech Macross Saga

I want to watch OVA's / Anime Series with as much as depth in story, and detail in animation. None of this One peice crap!
    Last edited by Zerohero; 21 Feb 2008 at 05:57 PM.
    Dont be a robot, be human.
    PSN: Di3heart

2. I tried this "Anime is Overrated" thing a few years back. Didn't work. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Quote Originally Posted by Zerohero View Post
    None of this One peice crap!
    This thread sucks.

4. One Piece is the only thing carrying shonen jump and its ilk at all these days. Naruto and Bleach are boring by comparison, and it's the only one that hasn't become super redundant. Not to mention Oda's the man and his art style is refreshing.

With that out of the way, I'm inclined to agree about a shortage of quality shows or OVA's. Movies are starting to make a comeback though, because of their brevity the animation quality is usually top notch. Add this to the fact that they're seeing releases on high def formats makes for a quick, easily digested movie that looks amazing.

5. Just ignore shonen fighting shows and there's plenty of good anime to watch. My two favorite OVAs are Gunbuster and Macross Plus if you haven't seen those yet. First episode of Gunbuster is kinda goofy, but its VERY worth it to stick with.

OVAs just aren't being made very much anymore.

6. There's good anime?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. Zero it just sounds like you don't like 100+ ep series.

Go watch Fushigi Yuugi lol

8. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    Zero it just sounds like you don't like 100+ ep series.

Go watch Fushigi Yuugi lol
    I love Zeta Gundam which is around 40 or something episodes. But the story, and animation was great in that series. It was more adult oriented story telling I guess, and I want more of that seriousness in anime.

Fushigi Yuugi sucks lol, my cousin likes that show, but she doesn't have the best taste imo anyway.
    Dont be a robot, be human.
    PSN: Di3heart

9. People like Spriggan?