Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: GMod 10

1. It's time to bump this thread to see how everyone is doing with their GMod experimentation: So ... let's see some screenshots, or hear about that new model/map you found!

Currently I've been doing the official screenshots for releases of model ports via Dark-Matter, and as such I figured I'd drop off some examples:

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size
    Last edited by arjue; 11 Nov 2009 at 03:38 AM.
    XBL Gamertag = XMrWhitefolksX

2. C'mon wussies - I know there's some GMod enthusiasts out there amongst the rest of the TNL user base (shit, I can't be the only one that uses this mod) and we should start spitting info back and forth.

3. I used it for like two weeks, but its' only entertaining for so long.

4. Well like I said - you get out of it what you put into it.

YOU GOTTA BE IN FOR THE LONG HAUL BRO, SRSLY

5. Gmod is still great, but I've been distracted by a lot of stuff lately. I registered at D-M but I have yet to really join the discussion there. Nothing exciting for me to post yet, but hopefully soon!

6. Yes, this program is definitely one that you can drop without consequence and then pick back up just as easily. So while the depth of the mod is totally based on what you want to do with it, with the amount of content regularly coming out for it - it always stays relative.

7. I swear to god, this dude is a fucking machine. He's even porting those nifty 3d models Japanese and Korean people do as fans in their spare time (hence Hatsune Miku showing up).

Right now he's got both leads from Assassin's Creed lined up (Altair and Veronica Mars); but he won't work on porting them until real interest starts popping up. *shrug* At least he has the materials ready for whenever the demand rises for Assassin's Creed models.

Masha3d - Had to turn this back into a clickable link after noticing what happened with the transparencies when in range of a 3rd party light source in GMod. O_o

Click for full size

Click for full size
    Last edited by arjue; 11 Nov 2009 at 03:37 AM.

8. Soopah 3D Dressumup Dollhouse Physics Sim 3k.

Has anything good from the Machinima crowd popped up from this yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. I think the problem with GMod and the machinima scene is that whoever is actually doing something with them has all of the greatness locked up somewhere. I've only seen a scarce few, and those that were good usually had fairly high production values (re: lots of love and care spent on the projects). Granted, there were some hilarious ones that had far lower production values, but the comedic aspects were more than welcome (and made up for the fact).

For the most part - the higher end "product" I see continually coming out of GMod (since I can't consistently find machinima) is masterfully edited screenshots, models (and the model ports as well) and contraptions built from scratch using the game's engine to it's fullest potential. The mod itself has a huge amount of things to do - it's just that the more well received creations seem to stem around comics, screenshot editing or construction.

10. While I'm sure nobody cares - the fact that this even got made is flat out amazing: Someone created a custom model of the Cloverfield parasites for use in both HL2 (as a replacement for fast zombies) and GMod. Fully pose-able models, with everything in working order.

Snag it here

Click for full size
    Last edited by arjue; 11 Nov 2009 at 03:37 AM.