Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime Boston 2008

1. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    All I want is Godzilla vs. Biollante.

My VHS copy is near death.
    You tried the anime store in The Garage, right? They sell tons of fake shit. There's a bunch of video stores in Chinatown, some sketchier than others, and I'd be surprised if you didn't find anything in one of them. I found the Super Mario Bros movie on VCD. I still regret not buying it, but I did get the Initial D movie on DVD for $8!

2. It's pretty hard to go through all the shit in those stores sometimes if you can't tell what kind of order it's in, but due diligence pays off.

3. I have absolutely seen it there, but they sold out and haven't re-ordered since Halloween (the Garage place).

Holy shit, the animated Mario movie? Neat. The main point of interest I keep seeing in Chinatown stores is the Ghibli box sets. It's going to wear me down one of these days.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 23 Feb 2008 at 01:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. You don't have a region free DVD player? You can always get the R3 version from Play-Asia: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...n-70-1l3i.html

If you don't have a region free player, maybe this place might help you turn whatever you use into one: http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks

5. Oh, no. The live action one.

6. Damn! Too bad.

I ditched my older, easily mod-able DVD player when I moved. I'll have to re-up at some point.

7. Or you can use a modded Xbox! That was our region-free player of choice... til it was sold out from under us. Too bad about that.

8. I should see about picking up an X-Box on the cheap. Modboxes always seemed interesting.

9. They do everything! They don't do everything well, but reasonably well enough. Plays DVDs from all regions, divx movies, roms of all kinds! Even PS1 games! I miss it a lot.

10. the pillows are awesome.

I want to see them live.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.