Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Anime Boston 2008

1. Anyone going today? I just missed the 11:30 train, but I'll try to grab one later this afternoon for the CvS2 and 3S tournaments.

2. Just got back from this. It was good chillin' with ya Robot. I assume you got home safely. Almost had a heart attack when I realized I forgot my bag at that damn restaurant! I caved in and ended up buying the Virtua Stick High Grade from the dealer's room even though I don't own a PS3. It's so sexy and $105 after tax is just too good!

3. All the trains have been full of god-dammed cosplayers around here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. Quote Originally Posted by Mikhal View Post
    I caved in and ended up buying the Virtua Stick High Grade from the dealer's room even though I don't own a PS3. It's so sexy and $105 after tax is just too good!
    Snap. Now you're making me wish I went, despite the whole disease thing.

5. What's the next nerd-con up here, anyway? Might try to set up an "artist table" and make some scratch off these kids. (maybe pick up a fancy new joystick, too)
    Last edited by YellerDog; 23 Mar 2008 at 05:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Grave View Post
    Snap. Now you're making me wish I went, despite the whole disease thing.
    The dealer's room actually sucked and I only found the 2 dealers that sold video game merchandise any interesting, a lot of the games were way overpriced but the stick selection was pretty good. This one dealer from NY brought a bunch of sticks. I saw 2 VSHGs, 2 HRAP3s ($120), 1 HRAP2, an EX2 for 360, the crappy Naki Wireless stick, and a few other random ones. The other video game dealer had a custom PS2 Happ Stick for $80 which looked okay and someone I know bought a Hori Fighting Stick Neo for $70 or $80 which I assume was overpriced...

7. Dang. I wish I had been at the 3s tourney. Maybe next year. AB2K8 was good. For me, the Pillows were worth the price of admission. Their set was absolutely amazing. I wish I did more at the con though however I did more this year than last.

Mikhal, you ended buying one of the sticks eh? Haha, that's cool. I agree that the dealer's room was pretty dull. I was thinking of buying the good vs evil SF poster but that dealer did not show up on Sunday. Again, oh well, maybe next year.

I have to say that this was better than last year. Here's to hoping next year gets even better.
    Last edited by Konketsu; 24 Mar 2008 at 09:28 AM.

8. I considered dropping by this thing, but was really really busy all weekend. Oh well

9. Quote Originally Posted by Konketsu View Post
    Mikhal, you ended buying one of the sticks eh? Haha, that's cool. I agree that the dealer's room was pretty dull. I was thinking of buying the good vs evil SF poster but that dealer did not show up on Sunday. Again, oh well, maybe next year.
    I bought one, then Ammara bought the other one after we were playing around with it in the dealers room.

Quote Originally Posted by dave is ok View Post
    I considered dropping by this thing, but was really really busy all weekend. Oh well
    I think you were probably better off not going. The wait times were really bad from all the complaints on the forum. 5+ hours in line is just friggin retarded. Good thing I had preregistered and picked up my badge on Thursday and didn't have to deal with that bullshit.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Mikhal View Post
    Just got back from this. It was good chillin' with ya Robot. I assume you got home safely.
    Aside from an hour-long train ride behind a gaggle of Chocobo beanie-wearing fatties and KH2 cosplayers belting out Naruto songs and trading tips on hiding yaoi from their parents - who are undoubtedly proud as punch of their spawn - I did get home safely. Your crew was nice enough to see us back to the train station.
    I caved in and ended up buying the Virtua Stick High Grade from the dealer's room even though I don't own a PS3. It's so sexy and $105 after tax is just too good!
    Dammit. I wanted to come back to check out the dealer's room on Sunday for that very reason, but was acknowledging Jesus' wise fwom His gwave via ham consumption with the family. Easter weekend = shitty planning on AB's behalf.