Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Book on Classic Video Games

1. New Book on Classic Video Games

Classic gamers may want to check out my book, which covers EVERY game for EVERY system of the pre-NES era.

For more info., click on either link below:

2. Try selling it for a reasonable amount of money.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Try selling it for a reasonable amount of money.
    The publisher set the price. They chose to publish it in a slick, sturdy, hardcover binding, with high quality paper, like a text book.

4. I'd recommend getting sample copies into the hands of game design professors. Getting on "required reading" pull lists could move a lot of these.

Also, update the link in your sig so that it is through the TNL Amazon Store. If you want to peddle your wares here, support the site in the process.
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

6. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    I'd recommend getting sample copies into the hands of game design professors. Getting on "required reading" pull lists could move a lot of these.
    Hmmm....That's an interesting idea. Thanks!

7. Wake me when there's a paperback at about 1/3 of the current cost.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

8. Quote Originally Posted by Timber View Post
    Wake me when there's a paperback at about 1/3 of the current cost.
    Seriously. I don't have $50 for a game, let alone a book about games I was too young to remember.

9. If you do something for the 8 and 16-bit eras, I'll definitely pick it up. This is a very good book to have, but I'm not really into the golden age all that much.

Congrats on the publication though.

Pre-NES gaming rules but yeah, it's expensive for a book. If you send me a free copy I will gladly write a review of it for got-next or TNL, though.