Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Smurfs

1. The Smurfs

Click for full size

This could be cool, but I'm really afraid it'll go the usual Dreamworks 'recognizable celebrity voices and constant pop culture references' route.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

2. It won't be french enough.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. I hope they don't include the kids that showed up later on. A town with one female produced kids and no one asked any questions.

4. It's because the answer is obvious.

5. 800 pound gorilla in the village!

6. That's going to look amazing when it's textured and lit. I can't wait.

7. They'll all act like wiggers.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. They better keep those amazing personality disorders.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    They'll all act like wiggers.
    Yeah. Or wanksters. Dreamworks' two favorite character types.
    -Mullet Jockey-
    Check out my site!
    Eat. Sleep. Music.

10. fucking hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Latino Review
    Whether you like it or not, the CG Smurfs movie is happening and the guys at UGO.com have snagged a peek at how things are shaping up. Though the film is currently in pre-production, an insider was able to snag a shot of a rendering of one the new Smurfs, and the result is tantamount to a tabloid look at a cheerful Sasquatch.
    (You'll have to click the image below to see the CG-rendered Smurf in full at the source.)

Suffice it to say, the Smurfs continue to be the weird-looking, small, blue dudes we know and love -- as opposed to James Cameron's weird-looking, big, blue dudes -- but their transition from 2-D to pudgy 3-D is slightly unnerving.

Directed by Raja Gosnell (Beverly Hills Chihuahua), the Smurfs movie is set in New York City -- Central Park, to be exact, which increases my skepticism regarding this movie about sevenfold -- and will be combined with live action.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	leaked-smurf.jpg 
Views:	350 
Size:	367.7 KB 
ID:	51859  
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.