Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1929313233

Thread: Persona 3: FES - YAY!

1. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    This is like the 5th time I've tried getting into P3, but only the second time it's been FES. I really didn't care for the stripped down PSP version. I wish I could marry the openness and production values of P3FES with the gameplay improvements of P3P. I really miss being able to control my dudes.
    Anyway, I'm farther now that I ever got before.
    I finished P3P a couple months ago -- P4G won me over, and I'm working my way backwards in the series.

The stripped down point-and-click format was infuriating, but I'm glad I experienced it. Still prefer the laid-back vibe of Inaba, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

2. Point and click worked with the system it was on and made it feel more like a VN, which I think they were going for. I actually preferred it in P3.
    I didn't hate the gameplay, just the characters and the repetition, not even the gameplay repetition. I honestly think it was the music that destroyed any affection I had for it. It's good the first twenty or so times, fine the next fifty, soul-crushing the next five thousand times you hear "wangle" rhymed with "rectangle".
    Last edited by Finch; 26 Sep 2015 at 10:02 PM.

3. I had no idea that bitch was supposed to be saying miserable until I saw a lyric video.