Page 11 of 618 FirstFirst ... 79101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: Gears of War 2: Official Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by mannerbot View Post
    That looks fucking sick. I'll pick it up for campaign, but based on what I've seen there, I won't like the direction they're going with multi.
    Don't like the look of chainsaw duels?

2. Hopefully there's not a shell of invincibility over two people in a chainsaw duel, and your teammates have the ability to take out one opponent in the middle of it. That'd make chainsaw battles much more tactical.

Either way, I prefer a quick button-mashing contest to decide the outcome of two people running at each other with 'saws over just randomly assigning a winner based on whoever had the mythical "best angle".

3. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    Don't like the look of chainsaw duels?
    Is there more to it than pushing a button rapidly? Don't see myself getting into too many of those anyway so it doesn't matter.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    Hopefully there's not a shell of invincibility over two people in a chainsaw duel, and your teammates have the ability to take out one opponent in the middle of it. That'd make chainsaw battles much more tactical.

Either way, I prefer a quick button-mashing contest to decide the outcome of two people running at each other with 'saws over just randomly assigning a winner based on whoever had the mythical "best angle".
    Weeman and I are going to tapping X like crazy. I need a turbo button.

5. The prompt on the video has you pressing 'B' rapidly, and I think I saw a CPU teammate mess up Locust during the duel, allowing Marcus the 'win'.

And using dead Locust bodies as cover is awesome.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

6. That Locust wasn't dead. He breaks his neck at the end on the edge of the vehicle.

7. That's actually exactly what I mean. Just based on what little was shown in the video, there's going to be even less shooting skill required and more gimmicky shit. That's awesome I'm sure for the guy that just like to have a couple beers and mess around in a game with some friends, but I can't do that for long. There's nothing "tactical" about chainsaws in the first place anyway.

8. Quote Originally Posted by mannerbot View Post
    That's awesome I'm sure for the guy that just like to have a couple beers and mess around in a game with some friends, but I can't do that for long.
    So shoot the guy who's coming at you with his chainsaw revved instead of dueling him. Problem solved
    Last edited by Xero_Kaiser; 10 May 2008 at 01:04 PM.

9. Uh, no shit?

that was fuckin rad. Locust shield imo.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.