Page 14 of 618 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: Gears of War 2: Official Thread

1. Robo = serious shooter.

2. Quote Originally Posted by mannerbot View Post
    Well obviously it's going to take time to learn how to play a game, especially if you are just going to learn by straight monkeying around without your teammates actively trying to teach you. It could also be that they're not very good at shooting games in general and don't have an active desire to get better. If you get someone that is good at FPS games to pick up Gears for the first time, he will hit the skill cap in Gears within a month. Really the only thing that requires much practice is shotgunning from the hip with good movement, especially since no other game has that sliding mechanic. Otherwise, as far as strategy, for a game being touted as a "fast tactical shooter" the map-specific strategies are limited and in fact online, most of them revolve around using (or abusing) host if it's on your team.

Just look at it this way: in any FPS game with objectives, a "different skillset" than just aiming skill is required. However, most of that is just experience and knowledge of the map and gametype. You can only ever be as good as your slaying ability will allow, since in the end, you're going to have to kill your enemies to achieve the objective. And in Gears, there's not much separation skillwise between an excellent player and a great one. This means that the game is more team-oriented, but I prefer my games with a little more space for individual skill to shine is all that I'm saying. I'm a competitive guy and I enjoy close, competitive games. If you like just messing around with a bunch of friends, I'm not knocking you for it. Do what you like. But if you're going to argue that Gears gives room for individual skill to shine, I'm going to disagree. And don't forget the time I carried my buddy rosco to win Mansion 2v4 against TNL, or all the times I shut down Canals with my sniper.
    It just took you over 300 words to say you prefer free-for-all games over team games.

So go play with yourself and stop typing shitty rants that don't make sense.

Tommy Tallarico

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

3. Your trolling is pretty much unrivaled.

I think he said he sucks at using every weapon but the shotgun and he has a shitty internet connection.

You can get by with just being good at the shotgun but you're not really good until you can use every weapon in the proper place. It's very basic tactically, sort of a range-based rock-paper-scissors apart from the skill weapons (sniper, torque) but you do have to make the right choices on the fly to win individual battles and work as a team to win overall.

Teams work best when they complement all the weapon strengths with smart play. You often wind up in a chess-match style trading of lives. It's pretty neat, definitely unlike most regular shooters.
    Last edited by Cowutopia; 11 May 2008 at 01:25 AM.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

5. Yeah, you never played with me.

6. Fuck you, Robo. The fuck you think you are? You were never really taht good at Gears to begin with so I don't know why you're here talking all sorts of bullshit out of your butt. You hate the game? Fine. Move the fuck on. You're stuck in your Halo bullshit and no one here fucking cares.

Fuck, I'm starting to hate your bullshit. All you do is cry about Host advantage, no skill, shotgun bonanza. Get the motherfuck over it fuck.

7. and the gears already start turning. The dramatic soap opera begins months before the game is released.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

8. Quote Originally Posted by B-Ri View Post
    and the gears already start turning.
    I see what you did there.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    You were never really taht good at Gears to begin with so I don't know why you're here talking all sorts of bullshit out of your butt.
    You sure? I think I was. I'm pretty sure my squad won about 80% of the Gears games I played with TNL and I was offhost the vast majority of that; not that that means anything, I realize that it's less about serious business gaming and more about just a bunch of guys hanging out having a good time with that group. Nobody used the sniper before I started playing with you guys, I think K3V might have been the only one that was blindfiring shotgun, and nobody even knew how important the outside area of Mansion was.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    Fuck you, Robo. Fuck, I'm starting to hate your bullshit. All you do is cry about Host advantage, no skill, shotgun bonanza. Get the motherfuck over it fuck.
    Look man, I don't think you should be saying anything here. You're the guy that posts "Gears" in the GotM threads every single month like it was ever cute or funny. But you're right, I do bitch about this game too much. No more from me. Unless it's to get a game of Gears 2 going on. Love and kisses, Ramon?

P.S. I might "hate" the game a little less if you guys stopped spamming everyone invites. You know you guys are the only ones that still want to play it, nobody else wants that spam.
    Last edited by mannerbot; 11 May 2008 at 04:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mannerbot View Post
    Yeah, you never played with me.
    Why would I want to play with a whiny bitch?

Quote Originally Posted by B-Ri View Post
    and the gears already start turning. The dramatic soap opera begins months before the game is released.
    You shut up. It's only dramatic because you're a bitch on Gears.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.