Page 15 of 618 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Gears of War 2: Official Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by mannerbot View Post
    You sure? I think I was. I'm pretty sure my squad won about 80% of the Gears games I played with TNL and I was offhost the vast majority of that; not that that means anything, I realize that it's less about serious business gaming and more about just a bunch of guys hanging out having a good time with that group. Nobody used the sniper before I started playing with you guys, I think K3V might have been the only one that was blindfiring shotgun, and nobody even knew how important the outside area of Mansion was.
    He was like unto a messiah to us lowly, unwashed heathens. Lo, we felt his presence and we were saved.

Get the fuck over yourself.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    Why would I want to play with a whiny bitch?

You shut up. It's only dramatic because you're a bitch on Gears.
    actually its absolutely quiet and civil and fair since cap has been gone.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

3. I would play more but I got so tired of wrecking the TNL crew.

lol
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

4. Quote Originally Posted by mannerbot View Post
    You sure? I think I was. I'm pretty sure my squad won about 80% of the Gears games I played with TNL and I was offhost the vast majority of that; not that that means anything, I realize that it's less about serious business gaming and more about just a bunch of guys hanging out having a good time with that group. Nobody used the sniper before I started playing with you guys, I think K3V might have been the only one that was blindfiring shotgun, and nobody even knew how important the outside area of Mansion was.

Quote Originally Posted by mannerbot View Post
    Well obviously it's going to take time to learn how to play a game, especially if you are just going to learn by straight monkeying around without your teammates actively trying to teach you. It could also be that they're not very good at shooting games in general and don't have an active desire to get better. If you get someone that is good at FPS games to pick up Gears for the first time, he will hit the skill cap in Gears within a month. Really the only thing that requires much practice is shotgunning from the hip with good movement, especially since no other game has that sliding mechanic. Otherwise, as far as strategy, for a game being touted as a "fast tactical shooter" the map-specific strategies are limited and in fact online, most of them revolve around using (or abusing) host if it's on your team.

Just look at it this way: in any FPS game with objectives, a "different skillset" than just aiming skill is required. However, most of that is just experience and knowledge of the map and gametype. You can only ever be as good as your slaying ability will allow, since in the end, you're going to have to kill your enemies to achieve the objective. And in Gears, there's not much separation skillwise between an excellent player and a great one. This means that the game is more team-oriented, but I prefer my games with a little more space for individual skill to shine is all that I'm saying. I'm a competitive guy and I enjoy close, competitive games. If you like just messing around with a bunch of friends, I'm not knocking you for it. Do what you like. But if you're going to argue that Gears gives room for individual skill to shine, I'm going to disagree. And don't forget the time I carried my buddy rosco to win Mansion 2v4 against TNL, or all the times I shut down Canals with my sniper.
    Which is it, Jesus McSnipergod?
    Last edited by arjue; 13 May 2008 at 03:34 AM.

5. You really bumped the thread just for that? The bolded statement is in regards to good team against good team. And I only said what I did in the first quote because Razor tried to invalidate my opinion by saying that I don't know what I'm talking about when I do. If you guys want to debate about the technical aspects of the game we can do that, but really it's just going to be personal attacks and some shit about dick gravy so why not just move on?
    Last edited by mannerbot; 13 May 2008 at 03:43 AM.

6. whoamg, where'd you find that?

7. I go to NeoGAF so ya'll don't have to.

Apparently, it's in a new video that is mostly stuff we have seen so far. Other things heard are weapon-specific executions and the Assault level is way longer than the video we got last week

8. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    the Assault level is way longer than the video we got last week
    So it's way longer than 2 minutes?

9. via GAF:
    New CliffyB Interview @ Gametrailers.

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/6236.html

- no more GOD MODE for MP chainsaws
    - "hostages" fall apart while being used as shield (arms, legs etc.)
    - 5on5 Multiplayer
    - more MP maps "out of the box"
    - more MP modes
    whoopity whoop whoop