Page 19 of 618 FirstFirst ... 51517181920212333 ... LastLast

Thread: Gears of War 2: Official Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by J2d View Post
    fail so much.
    Umm.. yeah, we could gripe about the MP thus far. Fail might be a little harsh to say, considering how many of us still play this game online habitually.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Cowdisease View Post
    Wasn't the multiplayer for Gears of War added in the last minute? It could explain why it was so sparse and buggy.
    Yeah, that's what Epic has always stated in interviews.

Also, the really annoying part about chainsaw god mode in the first game (even moreso than waiting for the animation to end to kill them, unless you wanted to just chainsaw) is that if you had a torque bow or frag stuck on them, they'd survive it.
    Last edited by mannerbot; 14 May 2008 at 04:55 PM.

3. There have always been bugs in the game which is due to the fact that the MP was added at the last minute. The chainsaw god mode is just another example of having to time your attack appropriately.

4. Id like if it would save the teammate, but, depending on how long they were chainsawed, they can only heal a certain amount, so, they would stay wounded thus be an easier target to take down again.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

5. I keep getting invites for GoW, I don't have GoW and I'm not gonna buy it. But I will be buying GoW2 for sure.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Thief Silver View Post
    I keep getting invites for GoW, I don't have GoW and I'm not gonna buy it. But I will be buying GoW2 for sure.
    If the Spring Update rumors are true, you can disable receiving invites for games that are not in your gamercard.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

7. It is in my gamercard XD I played through the game as Dom with Tain.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Thief Silver View Post
    It is in my gamercard XD I played through the game as Dom with Tain.
    Let's spam Thief some invites!!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Netwurked View Post
    Umm.. yeah, we could gripe about the MP thus far. Fail might be a little harsh to say, considering how many of us still play this game online habitually.
    I think that's because it's so unique honestly(that and if you are just playing with friends there's probably a bigger chance of getting decent ping). There's just so many things wrong with it, and if it didn't shipped broken then epic made sure to cripple it more with updates (making ranked matches pretty much impossible to play with friends). I hope they fix most of my gripes with the game, if they do I probably won't play much else seeing as I still play gears despite cursing at the game every other minute.

10. Quote Originally Posted by J2d View Post
    I think that's because it's so unique honestly(that and if you are just playing with friends there's probably a bigger chance of getting decent ping). There's just so many things wrong with it, and if it didn't shipped broken then epic made sure to cripple it more with updates (making ranked matches pretty much impossible to play with friends). I hope they fix most of my gripes with the game, if they do I probably won't play much else seeing as I still play gears despite cursing at the game every other minute.
    True... there is a lot of shit that should be fixed when the second coming of Gears nation rolls around. We all did the ranked scene for awhile just to get the achievements together and it did suck... Trying to get 4 people together playing ranked was ridiculous. I'm sure dem Epic fellers will do a fine job on the sequel considering how big an achievement in the video game industry that gears was. I'm eager, and my pants will be off at the release party.