Page 5 of 618 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Gears of War 2: Official Thread

I don't know about more weapons. I love the ones that exist. Maybe a bolt-action non-sniper rifle...but that's too close to the locust gun already.

What else do you really want? Chainsaw gun is enough, and torque bow is awesome. If you start to get crazier you're into Turok territory.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

2. The magnum pistol and the hammerburst should either be replaced or retooled, since neither of them are worth picking up right now.

Otherwise, I think the weapon balance they have is fine.

With Epic's track record, though, I'd expect to see at least one or two new guns.

3. You'll wish the Hammerburst was back after they realize they should have just fixed the netcode instead of overpowering the Lancer.

4. The weapons in the game are fine except for the Hammerburst and Magnum. The Hammerburst became useless once the Lancer recieved the damage upgrade. The Magnum is just too slow compared to the Boltok pistol. Adding one or two more weapons would be fine if it doesn't become stupid. Fire grenades, rocket launcher, and some type of laser-based weapon wouldn't be too bad.

Please update the Hammer of Dawn in multiplayer. That gun is so ass because it will randomly just top firing for no reason.

A higher count in online multiplayer wouldn't be bad but I could live without it. The ranked groups, however, are desperately needed.

I'd like something like heat vision included with the sniper rifle and a flash grenade to combat it. It'd be pretty raw.

All in all, I just want to demolish you guys in a new game.

Most of the original game is broken in multi. They should fix all of that.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

6. Rumor is it's going to be 5 v 5.

One thing I want: in the campaign, if I die I DO NOT WANT to have sit through cinematics every freaking time I restart. Just reload it so you are at the gameplay right after the last checkpoint, after a cinematic. Or make it skipable. Simple enough.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    Most of the original game is broken in multi. They should fix all of that.
    No way, you are speaking total nonsense. The #1 thing they should work on is CHAINSAW DUELS.

8. Quote Originally Posted by mannerbot View Post
    No way, you are speaking total nonsense. The #1 thing they should work on is CHAINSAW DUELS.
    I hear they will resolve Chainsaw duels by using DDR pad QTE event.

9. I hate getting chainsawed by an 8 year old. Can this game have an age limit pls.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    Rumor is it's going to be 5 v 5.

One thing I want: in the campaign, if I die I DO NOT WANT to have sit through cinematics every freaking time I restart. Just reload it so you are at the gameplay right after the last checkpoint, after a cinematic. Or make it skipable. Simple enough.
    It's funny you mention that. I was reading the latest issue of Game Developer and one of the articles compared Call of Duty 2's great checkpoint system to Gears of War's. The specific issue that was brought up was the "Look at all dat juice" scene. I'm pretty sure Epic is aware of this and will implement checkpoints right after a cutscene.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios