Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 717192021

Thread: ElCapitan's in the Hospital

1. you really cannot trust anyone these days. a lot of fucking scumbags in the world.

lets all hope el captain fully recovers from this. and the worthless scum who did this will get what they deserve

2. I just talked to his mom and she said Cap's in good enough shape now that they might be able to release him from the hospital tonight or tomorrow and just have him do the rehabilitation as an outgoing patient instead of staying in the hospital any longer. I talked to Cap, too, and he said that he's going to have to wear the neck brace for a while, but it's mostly just a precautionary measure. Once he gets his body used to being active again (he's been lying in a hospital bed for about a week and a half now), he should be able to go back to school sometime next week if he can get someone to drive him around.

Unfortunately, nobody's heard anything about the police investigation, since it's being treated as a closed case.

3. Also, the story about him remembering being in the car with the muggers was apparently hear-say, as Cap told me he didn't remember much about the night aside from stuff that happened when they first got there.

4. at least he's apparently going to be ok. that is great news.
    I'd still milk not going to school for as long as possible.

5. Having been in a major car accident at the early portion of a semester, I wouldn't. Professors are souless, uncaring demons who don't give a rats ass if you stubbed your toe, broke your neck, or something worse.

6. Apparently you go to a very mean and non-understanding college.

7. Yeah I know at least two people at my school who have had major health problems and taken off about a month of classes only to come back and make up the work in time for the end of the semester.

It's tough, but it can be done. It really does depend on how helpful the professors are. Cap's school is a lot like mine in that it's got a pretty small student body, so I think he'll be alright, as far as the teachers go.
    Last edited by jyoung; 25 Feb 2008 at 06:05 PM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
    Having been in a major car accident at the early portion of a semester, I wouldn't. Professors are souless, uncaring demons who don't give a rats ass if you stubbed your toe, broke your neck, or something worse.
    That's when you march your ass down to the dean of the whatever college you're in (Business, Social Sciences, Art, etc.) and you hound their ass about it till they do something. At worst, they'll say you'll have to repeat the semester but that the classes you're in won't be counted on your GPA. Hopefully, they'll put the squeeze on the professors to work something out with you.

9. Your professors sound pretty shitty, Nirvana. I was given incompletes for dire circumstances in the past, and though making up classwork alongside another full course load was miserable, it was a hell of a lot better than losing the money and the credits.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Mr-K View Post
    Reading this literally makes my chest hurt.
    you're having a heart attack.