Page 1 of 63 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Portal 2

1. Portal 2

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos...mpaign=TheFeed

http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/01/...ortress-2.html

The comfirmation of Portal DLC and new TF2 maps for the consoles in second link.

On tonight's episode of X-Play, lead designer for Portal, Kimberly Swift, confirmed that there will be a Portal 2. This is pretty much a given as Doug Lombardi, Valve's Director of Marketing, had previously stated that "more Portal is definitely on the way." However, until now we weren't sure if this would be in the form of a direct sequel or possibly downloadable content. Well, now we know. Check out the video for the confirmation.
    Valve spokesman Doug Lombardi recently revealed the company's plans to bring new maps to the console versions of Team Fortress 2 and to create more content for Portal.
    As if to add icing to this cake (yes, it's a lie, we know), Lombardi detailed Valve's desire for value: the company wants all of its additional content to be a free download simply to generate goodwill amongst fans.
    Presumably the first DLC The Orange Box would receive is a package containing the "Badlands" and "Goldrush" TF2 maps which are soon to be available to PC gamers, as well as the CTF-update of "Well" which was recently released.
    Sadly, Lombardi gave no details on when we'd see new Portal content (or what form it would take) but just knowing that it's an eventuality is enough to make me smile like an idiot
    Last edited by Granderoho; 22 Feb 2008 at 07:59 PM.

2. Portal 2: Moretal confirmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. I don't know, I've had enough cake. The purist in me wishes Portal would have begun and ended with what we've already tasted. The realist however knows damn well there will be plenty of sequels to come. It's Valve, so I wouldn't even be surprised if they managed to maintain a somewhat consistent level of awesome.

But I still kinda wish they'd just leave it alone.
    Last edited by Compass; 23 Feb 2008 at 12:03 AM.

4. Could just... not play the second one, I guess?

I personally am looking forward to GREEN portals. Or perhaps CHECKERBOARD. Where do they lead? Who is to say.

5. I just would like to see how the Portal ties in with Half Life, to get te real story behind all of it would be nice and fill in the loose ends.

6. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    I personally am looking forward to GREEN portals. Or perhaps CHECKERBOARD. Where do they lead? Who is to say.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4dgo.jpg 
Views:	1135 
Size:	186.4 KB 
ID:	32165  

7. That's awesome.

8. lol

your go is weak

9. That comic was creepy. More Portal is a good thing.

10. It would make me so happy if that strip was real.