Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 234568 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Manga thread

1. 99% of human beings will not need or desire that information at any point.
    That's wonderful for them, you're point being?

If one has an interest in forieghn sequential art it wouldn't kill them to know the correct names. That's all, I dont' know why you are dragging this out.

This is what I'm getting at, exactly.
    I see this mainly in a lot of shonen jump stuff, series that were likley to be animated from the very start.

2. Edit Blue'd for emphasis!

I see this mainly in a lot of shonen jump stuff, series that were likley to be animated from the very start.
    Which is assembly-line bullshit anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Edit Blue'd for emphasis!

Which is assembly-line bullshit anyway.
    It isn't assembly line, it simply works better in animated form. Seeing a fight in motion just works better than on a pritned page for the most part. That's not really a crack at the series themselves.
    Busting out obscure forigen words in the middle of a conversation that could just as quickly be conveyed in English? The American term for this is "asshole".
    The term for someone who bitches endlesly over nothing is called a "whiner." I'm very done with this arguemnt, post again if you want to but I've had enough.

4. Victory! You know I'm right, deep down.

5. You guys... come on. I like them all, but they're all comics to me. It's very simple and unpretentious! Manga? Comics. Graphic novels? Comics. Comics? Comics!

Also, Rem, is it manhwa or manwha? I'm not entirely sure which is proper, but I feel like manhwa is the more accepted? Not that it really matters, but if helps if you're trying to make a point here!
    Last edited by Grave; 25 Feb 2008 at 05:09 PM.

6. but I feel like manhwa is the more accepted?
    EDIT: Sorry to confuse you but in a lapse of sanity I did it backwards, Manhwa is the more common, sorry about that.
    Last edited by Rem; 25 Feb 2008 at 05:28 PM.

7. Sigh. Obscure, non-standardized forigen terms.

"Funnybooks from Korea." Easy.

(North Korea or South Korea anyway?)

8. On topic: I've been reading Hikaru no Go in Shonen Jump since it started running, but I was never all that invested in it. When I became interested in the actual game, I decided that I wanted to read through all of it again for shits and giggles, so I did, beginning to end. And wow, what a shitty end. I love Obata's art, but has the dude ever worked on a series that ended in a satisfactory manner?

To summarize:
    Go = awesome
    HikaGo = not so awesome!

9. but has the dude ever worked on a series that ended in a satisfactory manner?
    Depends who you talk to, I liked the end of death note. His talent was wasted on that blue dragon shit fest though.