Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CPU Thermal Margin

1. CPU Thermal Margin

My MOBO is gay and it only tells me my CPUs thermal margine, which from what I now understand is how much hotter it can get before turning off; which means a larger number is better. Knowing this now makes me less upset that the number went up with my new case, but now I'm left wondering what my temp actually is.

Does anyone have any idea what the shut down temp on the Q6600 is? Knowing that seems to be the only way to find out what my temp is, since no monitoring programs I can find support 64 bit vista.

google live journal then get a mac filled with cotc imo mortal kombat dracula posta!

What's a margine?
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

3. a butter substitute

4. Is Opaque drunk?

Cause that looks like a drunk post.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. I did have a few beers.

Seriously, anyone know the answer to my question.

6. I have no concept of what you're trying to say in the first post, so I don't know if I can answer it or not.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. X = Y-Z.

I want to know X, most people's computers will just tell them, but mine is new and only tells me Z. So now I need to find out what Y is so I can use that to determine X.

X = CPU temperature
    Y = The temperature an Intel Q6600 will fail at.
    Z = Thermal margin OR the degree difference between X and Y.

Basically, if my first post sounded like gibberish you probably can't answer my question.

8. Can't ya just google the fail temperature for an Intel Q6600?

9. I tried, which is why I posted that spoiler, and nothing is precise.

I'm hoping TNL is smarter than google.