Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB: Wacom Intuos Tablet

1. WTB: Wacom Intuos Tablet

Anyone have a Intuos2 or 3 tablet for sale? If not, any know of a good and cheap place that has it for sale? And yes, I looked on eBay.

2. They're really great! I sold my spare to a buddy after getting an Intuos3 though.

Try Wacom's own site! They tend to have excellent deals on refurbished tablets and accessories. (keep in mind that sometimes the refurbished stuff is sold out... there's always more within a few weeks, though)
    Last edited by YellerDog; 29 Feb 2008 at 10:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. I'll take a look at the prices on Wacom.

I'm currently using a 12x12 at work. Way too big to use at home since I wont have the space. I'm thinking a 6x8.

What size are you using?

Seems Amazon has a 6x8 for $290 with free shipping. The Cintiq looks HOT! but wayyyyy too pricey and no need for something like that.

4. We used to use Cintiq 21UX's at my last studio. HUGE! Before the switch, we had a small early-model Cintiq paired with a standard monitor, with a little tablet to run between the two screens. After the switch, I kind of missed using a tablet for some reason. I liked the option.

At the current place, we're doing 12x12 Intous 2 tablets, which are really nice if you have a big desk and two monitors (like you probably have at work).

Intuos 3 4x6 at home, which seems like it would be kind of sucky, but I like it, Can't really do sweeping gesture lines with it, though. Had an Intous 2 6x8 before that. I haven't used a mouse in years (trackball for FPS's = win )

I want to do either one of those lap-sized Cintiq WX's or a 12x12 tablet whenever I change career-gears again and start working freelance from home.

(Have you tried using the alternate-style nibs with your stylus? The graphite-feeling one is fantastic.)
    Last edited by YellerDog; 29 Feb 2008 at 05:22 PM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    We used to use Cintiq 21UX's at my last studio. HUGE! Before the switch, we had a small early-model Cintiq paired with a standard monitor, with a little tablet to run between the two screens. After the switch, I kind of missed using a tablet for some reason. I liked the option.

At the current place, we're doing 12x12 Intous 2 tablets, which are really nice if you have a big desk and two monitors (like you probably have at work).

Intuos 3 4x6 at home, which seems like it would be kind of sucky, but I like it, Can't really do sweeping gesture lines with it, though. Had an Intous 2 6x8 before that. I haven't used a mouse in years (trackball for FPS's = win )

I want to do either one of those lap-sized Cintiq WX's or a 12x12 tablet whenever I change career-gears again and start working freelance from home.

(Have you tried using the alternate-style nibs with your stylus? The graphite-feeling one is fantastic.)
    I havent tried any alternate nibs. Just standard pen since I'm the only GA that uses the tablet. I used it when I was doing internship with MAD Magazine. Then I got this permanent job and had to resort back to Quark and a mouse. We started to have layoffs and the person that had the tablet, my former boss took. She took and used it like a mouse pad. She didnt even use it. When she got the can, thats when I took it and have been using it ever since. We dont do any work that requires any touch-ups, or anything having to do with detail where a tablet is needed.

So which is best? 6x8 or 6x11 for home use? They say 6x11 is better for widescreen monitors, which I have.
    Last edited by bandit; 29 Feb 2008 at 06:25 PM.

6. If you can swing the 6x11, by all means, do it. I was very broke and needing a hardware solution fast when I picked up some freelance, so I made due with the 6x8 for home, and it turns out I enjoy it anyway.

I find it's just a matter of a slight learning curve adapting between different tablet sizes, so it's not a major deal either way. Every program has a zoom tool, too.

7. Thanks for the input. Hopefully I can find a 6x11 for under $300. If not, I'll get the 6x8 for $290 or less

8. I have a 6x8 graphire 4 that I got for like 50% off when Comp USA went out of business. I'm pretty happy with it. It doesn't have all the features of an Intous and that's ok with me for what I use it for.

I think if I was doing 2D work I'd kill to do it with a tablet or a Cintiq, but with 3D stuff I just can't get comfortable trying to do it with a tablet.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

9. I know a couple 3D guys who are all about using a tablet, by the by. It's all about what's most comfortable to work with, though.

10. I have an old Intuos2 6x8 that I'd be happy to sell, though it's actually a serial port and not a USB, so most modern computers can't use it without some sort of adapter card.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2