Thread: Planetes

1. Planetes

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....uct&id=1568836
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planetes

Simply put, it's one of the best science fiction stories ever put into animation. If I could describe it accurately, it's like watching a really great book adaptation instead of your standard rank and file anime. I plowed through this collection in 2 days and was simply amazed. I haven't gotten this emotionally involved with a show or movie since Hotel Rwanda.

It starts off as a story about space garbage collectors from a period where mankind is taking its baby steps out into the solar system, but turns into a character driven, powerful statement on what progress means to people as a whole, and if there's any room for love and human sentiment where thousands upon thousands of miles can separate one from another. I can't recommend it enough at 40 bucks for the entire series.
    Last edited by George; 17 Jun 2007 at 11:55 PM.

2. Do yourself a favour and snag the manga as well.
    "with new weapons perceived some disquieting movement"

3. Got the entire set, it really is that good. I read the manga first and then moved on to the anime, and both were worth the time. I've recommended them here before and will happily do it again.

James

4. I hated the anime, they added to much lame ass comedy. But I loved the manga, and really need to re-read it.

5. Finished this today and absolutely loved it. One of my top 5 shows for sure. The way the show shifted towards the middle was so awesome. I just couldn't stop watching the episodes and I didn't expect the story to get so dark! If you like sci-fi at all buy the set. It's $26 at deep discount with that sale.

6. Just watched the first episode, I'm impressed.

I thought it was going to turn into "OMG Peace is better than War-Mongering" but the diaper astronaut was all "STFU noob" and everything was ok. I think I might like this show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Just watched the first episode, I'm impressed.

I thought it was going to turn into "OMG Peace is better than War-Mongering" but the diaper astronaut was all "STFU noob" and everything was ok. I think I might like this show.
    You will like it so much! The series just gets better and better as you go on.

8. Episode 2 was good, too!

I like how they're establishing the characters and keeping the 'world' grounded. The intern girl isn't an instant-expert on everything, I like that.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 09 Jun 2008 at 11:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. I'm wanting to see this again. It's one of the few series I've wanted to watch more than once ever.