3 6.25%
Page 1 of 9 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: TNL's GotM: February 2008

1. TNL's GotM: February 2008

Previous entries:
    January 2008: Burnout Paradise [PS3, 360]
    TNL's Games of the Month 2007
    TNL's Games of the Month 2006

[ As usual, straight ports, retro compilations, and retro XBLA, Virtual Console, and PSN titles are ineligible. Exceptions can be made for ports if they have not otherwise been released domestically, and noteworthy remakes. ]

Very good month. I haven't played enough to cast a vote yet, but almost everything on there is solid, imo. Still playing Advance Wars, PixelJunk, and Rez from last month.

I'll have the Game of the Year Awards thread up tonight. For now, must sleep.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

2. Tough month, I'm torn between DMC4 and Patapon.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. Voted for the Club, since it's the only one I've played and will likely play.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

4. This month was a handheld gaming renaissance for me, with Wipeout Pulse, Professor Layton and Patapon. I might've voted for Layton but I just hit one of those shitty sliding panel puzzles and I hate those more than just about anything.

5. NO POKER SMASH = INSTANT FAIL

Seriously, whats wrong with you guys ?

6. Sliding Panel Puzzles?

My desire to play Leyton has lessened.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. There's a grand total of... one. You'll survive.

8. I'm voting preemptively. I'm buying Sins tomorrow (If I remember to grab it).

9. I thought I counted three or so. They weren't bad.

This is hard, though. DMC4 is easily the best in the series, Apollo Justice could be awesome, I liked Layton a good amount, Audiosurf was great during the beta, and hell, I even kind of want to play Lost Odyssey.

Vote will most likely go toward DMC4, but I'll give it time.

10. Depends on your definition of slide puzzle. The ones where you have to move pieces around to free a path for a ball I guess could be considered siblings to the genre, but the worm in the apple was the only traditional slide puzzle, unless my memory is worse than I think.

For me this month is between Layton and Patapon (won't get to Apollo Justice in time), but I'm pretty sure I'm choosing Layton.