Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Zidane if you LOVE MGS2 so much then explain to me WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED

1. Zidane if you LOVE MGS2 so much then explain to me WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED

finishing beating MGS2
    (just in time too, had to give the rental back today

it took me 17:24:03 hours to beat

-I loved the snake parts
    -I was mixed on the raiden parts
    -didn't like the quality of the level design in the entire Plant section
    -some cutscene's were the coolest I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE
    -yet there was waaaay too much codec scenes

one thing though
    the story CONFUSED THE HELL OUT OF ME
    since you seem to be the foremost leading expert on MGS2, I might as well ask you

so here goes:
    (SPOILERS)

ok so the patriots staged the shadow mosses incident?
    Ocelot was working with them all the time
    yet Solidus also thought he was the one who staged that incident????????????
    -can you clear that up for me?

Emma talked about being assaultted, but it kinda got confusing
    -was she mad that Hal didn't help her on that?
    -did the patriots set up that assualt so she would join them?

-WTF was up with Rose
    at the end she was acting as part of the A.I.(like the colonel)
    telling jack to kill & be a puppet & admitted she was a spy
    YET at the ending she & jack made up & hold hands WTF

ok, now on the disc that Snake/radien had to use to infect the computer
    it was originally sabatooged by the patriots even though it was originally supposed to help them???

so the patriots did the entire shadow mosses incident, the entire tanker incident, the entire plant incident...all so that they can prove that humans can't be able to make decisions themselves???????????
    please clear that up

what part did Solidus have in the Shadow Mosses incident?
    did he know about the Tanker incident?
    what did at the end of mgs2 did his real plan be?
    what was it originally, what Dead Cell thought it was?

Fatman was working with the Patriots?

WHAT HELL IS THE LA-LU-LY-LO-LN or what ever you call it

was the colonel a a.i from a computer OR was he entirely made up by radiens mind?

any ideas on why Soldus is much older then Solid or Liquid?
    any ideas on what the patriots are?
    any ideas on why liquid lives through Ocelot's hand

...that's pretty much the questions I have for now
    http://www.bioweapons.com/images/GN3Guyvers.jpg

Most OVERRATED videogame of ALL Time

-GTA3

"Well, I have lots of impressions about the PS2 (smiles)...if you turn off that recorder I'll tell you some things (laughter)"
    -AM2's Yu Suzuki

zidane747 Guest

Re: Zidane if you LOVE MGS2 so much then explain to me WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED

Originally posted by WTFer420

ok so the patriots staged the shadow mosses incident?
    Ocelot was working with them all the time
    yet Solidus also thought he was the one who staged that incident????????????
    -can you clear that up for me?
    Yes, the Shadow Moses incident was indeed the Patriots doing. Ocelot is not with the Patriots per se. Think of him as a freelance photographer working for the New York Times; yes he works for them but they don't tell him everything. As you know, the Patriots gave him a fake location, because they anticipated he would turn on Solidus and Dead Cell(just like he turned on Gurlukovich). Solidus thought it was Ocelot's doing because the Patriots never revealed themselves as the ones responsible for Shadow Moses, only responsible for having Ocelot in "employment", so he only thought that Ocelot was connected.

Emma talked about being assaultted, but it kinda got confusing
    -was she mad that Hal didn't help her on that?
    -did the patriots set up that assualt so she would join them?
    She was assaulted, and the fact that Hal wasn't there reflected on the time in the pool, which caused her father's death. Again, the assault was all the Patriots doing; they planned the whole thing from the get go. Remember, their ultimate goal is to successfully control human behavior, a sort of manipulative control if you will.

-WTF was up with Rose
    at the end she was acting as part of the A.I.(like the colonel)
    telling jack to kill & be a puppet & admitted she was a spy
    YET at the ending she & jack made up & hold hands WTF
    The Rose up until Arsenal was the REAL Rose, and when the GW was infected with the virus, the Colonel's A.I. was messed up. The Patriots saw that with Rose's aid Raiden(Jack)would be able to resist the Patriot's control, therefore becoming a "thorn in their side", to be blunt. That's why the Patriots cut off Rose's transmission and replaced it with an A.I duplicate(just like Colonel Campbell), and had the A.I instruct Raiden to kill, to keep their control over him constant.

ok, now on the disc that Snake/radien had to use to infect the computer
    it was originally sabatooged by the patriots even though it was originally supposed to help them???
    That disc was the biggest help to the Patriots. You see, GW holds all the information of the Patriots inside itself. The virus would destroy all of that, so even if Solidus and Ocelot were defeated, the Patriots still remain unknown to Snake and Raiden. The Patriots sabotoged that disc to destroy only their Patriots data(hence why the Colonel A.I. wasn't destroyed in the process, but messed up, even though GW also holds the A.I for the Colonel).

so the patriots did the entire shadow mosses incident, the entire tanker incident, the entire plant incident...all so that they can prove that humans can't be able to make decisions themselves???????????
    please clear that up
    You're partly right. The point of the exercise was to be in control of the humans after they aren't able to make decisions. To use an analogy, think of a blind person and his seeing-eye dog. The human would be the blind person, and the Patriots would be the dog. To be blunt, the Patriots want total control over humans, which is their first exercise. The second exercise is to be in control of the super soldiers, who are on par with Solid Snake(hence Solidus' screwed up definition of the S3 plan), so they will be undefeatable. The preliminary exercise all leads up to the final exercise(army of mind controlled Solid Snakes).

what part did Solidus have in the Shadow Mosses incident?
    did he know about the Tanker incident?
    what did at the end of mgs2 did his real plan be?
    what was it originally, what Dead Cell thought it was?
    Solidus was in contact with Ocelot only. Not even Liquid knew about anything concerning the two of them. Solidus was there to provide support for Ocelot, and to keep things in control on his end so their future plans can be realised. Yes, he knew about the Tanker incident(practically everybody does). His real plan at the end was to take down the Patriots to rid the world of that kind of control, and once the Patriots were gone, he would be free to do whatever he wanted, with no one in his way. Dead Cell thought Solidus just cared about getting the money/launching the nuke,etc. They had no idea of his plan; to Solidus, Dead Cell was expendable.

Fatman was working with the Patriots?

WHAT HELL IS THE LA-LU-LY-LO-LN or what ever you call it

was the colonel a a.i from a computer OR was he entirely made up by radiens mind?

any ideas on why Soldus is much older then Solid or Liquid?
    any ideas on what the patriots are?
    any ideas on why liquid lives through Ocelot's hand

...that's pretty much the questions I have for now
    No, Fatman was working for Dead Cell, because he knew they would be the key to achieving his "world's most famous mad bomber" reputation. He wanted nothing to do with their other plans. The La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo was the nanomachines interpretation of "The Patriots". If you listen closely to the cinema where Ocelot comes to "take back" MG Ray, Ocelot mentions the Patriots, and Commander Dolph says "The La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo?". The Commander's nanomachines interpreted the Patriots differently. Yet another fail-safe device to conceal the Patriots' identity. The Colonel was A.I and part of Raiden's mind. Raiden was never happy with himself or his past, and he thought he was useless. The Colonel was partly made up of his own expectations(which is why the Colonel pushed him hard, like the part where Raiden complains about the "Skull Suit" and the Colonel tells him to just deal with it). Solidus is the perfect mold of both Solid and Liquid, and he was made afterwards; as Snake found out, all the clones after Snake and Liquid die faster then themselves, so Solidus ages faster. The Patriots are a series of 12 "Wisemen" who operate in the most secretive veil of darkness. They run the United States of America; everything is dictated by them, from the President to what music is released. They have complete and total control over the masses. The thing with Liquid's arm is purely supernatural; he "chose" Ocelot as a host because Liquid knew that Ocelot would eventually try and destroy the Patriots, which were responsible for Shadow Moses, which ruined Liquid's plans and his life. So it basically was a big case of payback. That's why Liquid took control of Ocelot at the end to go after the Patriots.

Man, that was long! I'm glad to help you, as I hope that helps you to understand the game much better. I guess now you can be thankful of me playing the game everyday now,huh? Have fun with the info.

3. uummmm

the 12 wisemen died 100 years ago

any ideas on what or who he patriots are now?

-GTA3

"Well, I have lots of impressions about the PS2 (smiles)...if you turn off that recorder I'll tell you some things (laughter)"
    -AM2's Yu Suzuki

4. ok so let me get this straight about ocelot

he was working with the & only for the patriots the whole time (even though he is more of a freelancer)

-the patriots set up REX to be made & have Snake be brought in with with the support group
    -Ocelot set up Liquid to take over Shadow mosses

-Liquid had no idea about Solidus existing or if Ocelot was working with the patriots

-the secretary of defense called an air strike on the island at the end but was called off by ames who works for the patroits as well

-ames had the secratary killed them

-Solidus was president at that time & was working forth pariots

-he made contact with Ocelot at the end because he was working with the patriots as was Ocelot...

-Solidus quit or was fired (I forgot) & left the patriots & wanted to take them down

-he recruited Ocelot thinking Ocelot left the patriots too

am I right so far

-GTA3

-AM2's Yu Suzuki

5. continued:

-Ocelot & the patriots helped Solidus take over the Plant in which he wanted to destroy the patriots

-Ocelot then helped make it so that the events would be the same as it was on shadow mosses by:

killing ames (who was working with the patriots at the time) & the president
    By having radien fight the REY
    By having the Ninja there too
    by bringing in Dead cell
    etc...

ok sooooooo let's fast forward a litle

at te end Solidus said he only wanted ...um I forgot already lol

and that keeping the arsenal gear would be a death trap against an attack & that shooting the nuke would not really stop the patriots

sooo am I right so far???

-GTA3

-AM2's Yu Suzuki

6. 17 hours? damn? What diff level did you play on?
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

zidane747 Guest
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by WTFer420
    First of all, the Patriots are rumored to be dead, and that a computer is controlling it all. It is uncertain for sure. Wait until MGS3.

ok so let me get this straight about ocelot

he was working with the & only for the patriots the whole time (even though he is more of a freelancer)
    Yes, he was only a freelancer for the Patriots, although he planned to strike against them in the future.

-the patriots set up REX to be made & have Snake be brought in with with the support group
    -Ocelot set up Liquid to take over Shadow mosses
    Yes to all three.

-Liquid had no idea about Solidus existing or if Ocelot was working with the patriots
    Yes.

-the secretary of defense called an air strike on the island at the end but was called off by ames who works for the patroits as well
    No, the Patriots cancelled the airstrike. Remember, the Patriots needed Snake to input the virus to destroy all data on them, so they needed them alive until then.

-ames had the secratary killed them
    Can you be more specific?

-Solidus was president at that time & was working forth pariots
    Yes, and he was tired of their rule, so they brought in a replacement.

-he made contact with Ocelot at the end because he was working with the patriots as was Ocelot...
    Exactly.

-Solidus quit or was fired (I forgot) & left the patriots & wanted to take them down
    He was fired, and yes, he wanted to take them down.

-he recruited Ocelot thinking Ocelot left the patriots too
    Yep.

am I right so far
    Pretty much yeah. Any more questions?

zidane747 Guest
    Originally posted by WTFer420
    continued:

-Ocelot & the patriots helped Solidus take over the Plant in which he wanted to destroy the patriots
    Yes. The Patriots needed for Solidus to take over the plant, so that Snake would come and get the virus disc, which would destroy all evidence of the Patriot's existence.

-Ocelot then helped make it so that the events would be the same as it was on shadow mosses by:

killing ames (who was working with the patriots at the time) & the president
    By having radien fight the REY
    By having the Ninja there too
    by bringing in Dead cell
    etc...
    Well, it was the Patriots who wanted it like that, so they could reproduce the feeling of Shadow Moses to put Raiden in a similar situation that Snake was in, to see if they could control such a strong soldier as Raiden under the most extreme conditions.

ok sooooooo let's fast forward a litle

at te end Solidus said he only wanted ...um I forgot already lol

and that keeping the arsenal gear would be a death trap against an attack & that shooting the nuke would not really stop the patriots

sooo am I right so far???
    He said he only wanted to stop the Patriots at all costs. Yes, he said all of that about Arsenal Gear. Anymore questions?

9. I just have to say that the story for MGS2 is still confusing and seems just a bunch of B.S. Sure the game was cool, but the most annoying thing about the game was Rosemary constantly calling Jack and saying "We need to talk" while he was fighting for his life. Women are nothing but trouble, even in video games.

zidane747 Guest
    Originally posted by Swirly
    I just have to say that the story for MGS2 is still confusing and seems just a bunch of B.S. Sure the game was cool, but the most annoying thing about the game was Rosemary constantly calling Jack and saying "We need to talk" while he was fighting for his life. Women are nothing but trouble, even in video games.

:jest: :jest: :jest: