Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: How much time do you spend playing video games?

zidane747 Guest

Re: Re: Re: Re: How much time do you spend playing video games?

Originally posted by sleeveboy

From your posts, it's become sadly apparent that you are completely tone-deaf when it comes to humor. This MGS2 schtick was not funny when you started it, and it's still not funny after the 892nd post about your supposed MGS2 fetish.

For the last time, please stop all the fucking MGS2 "jokes."

Supposed? Jokes? I have no idea what you're talking about man, my MGS2 fetish is 100% real, I'm not trying to joke around or egg people on; it's the real deal man. I'm sorry that you don't find my "jokes" funny. My loss, I guess.

shut up

3. Re: How much time do you spend playing video games?

Originally posted by zidane747
    ...at least 14 hours a day gaming, on all systems. How much time do you spend playing games?
    LOL @ "at least 14 hours a day" Get a job, life and give the hardcore business a break mmmkay... 14 hours is nigh impossible. Just quit it alright? Or don't - whatever.. why should I cast stones..

I spend maybe 8 hours a day (day-off from work) on days which I am really wanting to play games. Normally it something like .5 - 2 hours work or no. There ARE times however, which I may spend an entire sleepless day playing something like Empire Earth or Morrowind.. though those days are very very rare. I think I probably spend, on average 1 - 3 hours. More often than not, I can only generate numbers like 14 hours if it were in reference to how much I play a month. Interestingly enough, I spend more time here than playing games usually. And I ALWAYS spend more time with my computer, not gaming or posting here than anything besides work. Gaming time, usually notches into posting time (or sleep or both), but never quality time (here I come... uber-loser) with my comp.

As it works out, average work day should unfold like this for me. Wake-up, about 1PM, get dressed and dolled-up and go to wrok, at work by 2PM. Work from 2 till 10PM and go home, now about 10:30. Get on my computer and do my normal activitys which will last about 2 hours (it's now 12:30 - 1PM). Then I MIGHT play a game, but I usually decide to work out because I'm usually depressed (it's what I HAVE to do or else I begin chain smokeing, listening to elcetronic music and begin playing with Telnet while chatting on AIM). After this spell it can be anywhere from 2:30 - 4 AM. I go to sleep then. I wake up at around 1 o clock and I repeat if I have to work that day.

If I don't have to work, then everything is all up in the air and I don't know what I will do... that usually ends up with me playing a few games for a small bit, working out, computer, and hanging out with some friends and spending too much money.. usually with Station.

I just don't and can't live and breath games... (I fit meals in there at various unplaned intervals).

ºTracer
    o_O

4. 14 hours is a lot of time - I used to be able to do that back in 97' when FFVII came out, but these days its only about 1 or 2 hours a day. *bawls uncontrollably*

Well in all seriousness, I really do wish I could play for that long, but my schedule doesnt really allow for it. Although there are some days where I could easily fit that in, like Today, when it comes down to an endurance marathon I really don't have the energy like I used to. I've gotten closer than I've ever been in 3 years with the help of Morrowind - I played that for 8 hours straight one night recently and passed out on the floor.

I wish I could be 16 again (I'm 20 now...argh), and have nothing at all to do on weekends but play games nonstop with no perception of time. One of my most glorious gaming moments was beating FF7 on a Sunday night. I had started out at 6 AM and I remember my family had gone out around 4PM.

I was playing the whole day straight and finally got around to Sephiroth's cave and beat him after 2 trys - I was euphoric and was jumping up and down like a madman! A fucking great feeling! After I watched the mind blowing ending I eventually looked around me and realized that the house was in utter darkness b/c I forgot to turn on the lights - the time was 10PM. Unbelievable those days....

I remember I'd often stay inside and play games at the expense of going out with friends. I hate how things have changed and no one ever warned me about them.
    Commentaries and Opinions on Metal