Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Top Sega Genesis Tracks

Your Top Sega Genesis Tracks

There are a thousand douche bags out there who love FF music and the like, but what about the old gen? Sure, some people think the sound of the old system sounds like poop, but I think even it had it's gems.

So, what are your top tracks?

Today mine are the Theme, Fullmetal Fighter, and For the love of... from MUSHA

2. Green Hill Zone, Sonic the Hedgehog 1. When I think of the Genesis, that is the track that comes to mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Anything from the Streets of Rage series, specifically Streets of Rage 2. I actually have the soundtrack to that somewhere, I have no idea where I got it or where it is now though....

But before I bought the soundtrack CD to that game, I recorded the audio off the TV with a tape recorder so I could jam out to that music on cassette. I was a loser in 1992.
    -Mullet Jockey-
    Check out my site!
    Eat. Sleep. Music.

4. The music that starts up when the opening to Phantasy Star 4 plays (the little bit before you press start). It makes me misty eyed...

5. Star Light Zone, Sonic 1
    Chemical Plant Zone, Sonic 2
    Opening medley, Phantasy Star II
    Ode to Sharla, Toejam and Earl 2
    Opening Theme, Flashback

6. Stage 1 and boss 1 of SoR2 for a predictable #1.

Shinobi III had some great stuff as well (was that also Yuzo?)

Can't go wrong with stage one of Earthworm Jim either. Hi, Tommy Tallirico.

7. Four of my favorites that come to mind...

Master of Monsters: I didn't know the Genesis was capable of such great music, & you can choose your own track during your turn.
    Thank goodness for the great music, as this is an extremely long & difficult game. Especially campaign 2 which I miraculously finished.

Sword of Vermillion: Been a long time since I played this one, but I remember being very impressed with the Dungeon music, & especially while visiting the towns.

Castle of Illusion: Fantastic music throughout this classic.

Ghouls N Ghosts: In particular the level where you first enter the castle & immediately fight few Red Demons, after a brief skirmish with some junk dragons. But I enjoy the tunes from the entire game.
    Ghouls'N Ghosts=Greatest game known to mankind

Quote Originally Posted by Cheebs
    Shinobi III had some great stuff as well (was that also Yuzo?)
    Nope, not Yuzo although I think it's as good as his RoS stuff. I forget the names but the game's music was done by three people.

I will have to think about my top picks although some that haven't been mentioned yet are Ecco: The Tides of Time (title) and Wonder Boy in Monster World (snow area). I assume we're not including Sega CD.

9. Hill top Zone, Sonic 2
    Stage 5, Streets of Rage 2
    THe ending them, Streets of Rage 2
    Labryinth Zone, Sonic 1
    Stage 4, Shinobi 3
    www.classic-games.net updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

10. Before they took it down, I DLed the entire soundtrack to MUSHA from Sega Xtreme and burned it to a CD. It's a really great piece of work that I'd love to hear redone with modern equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by warnpro View Post
    Sword of Vermillion: Been a long time since I played this one, but I remember being very impressed with the Dungeon music, & especially while visiting the towns.
    Brilliant soundtrack for a mediocre game. The music is worth a soundtrack alone. I especially love the opening theme (from the intro) and the castle one. The dungeon themes - there are three of them I think - are also incredible.
    Castle of Illusion: Fantastic music throughout this classic.
    One of my favorites of all time. Tokuhiko Uwabo outdid himself there. that article is missing a few games, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    Nope, not Yuzo although I think it's as good as his RoS stuff. I forget the names but the game's music was done by three people.
    From ROS I love Chinatown and My Lover most, but the whole soundtrack is awesome.

I will have to think about my top picks although some that haven't been mentioned yet are Ecco: The Tides of Time (title) and Wonder Boy in Monster World (snow area). I assume we're not including Sega CD.
    I love the Ecco scores, but they're so much better on Sega CD. Spencer Nilsen should never have stopped making game music.

WBIMW has an awesome soundtrack that I actually prefer over the Turbo CD version (Dynastic Hero). The sound quality of the CD score may be better, but the actual compositions pale next to the Genesis version.