Page 1 of 15 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one who hated Skies of Arcadia?

zidane747 Guest

Am I the only one who hated Skies of Arcadia?

I don't know why so many people love this game; it was pure and total crap to me. The story was crap, the battles were alright, the graphics were cool, the characters were basic, and the whole game seemed to go nowhere. It only got slightly better at the end(like you didn't know the girl would join you.......give me a break), but that's not saying much. Maybe FFVII spoiled me, but I can find NOTHING good about this game. Let the zidane747 bashing commence.

Yes. Yes you are. How anyone canot simply fall in love with the incredible environments and atmospheres is beyond me. Easily the best RPG I've ever played.

3. hey, i'm with ya... well, not totally... i still really like the game, it's just that i think it gets too much praise...

the story was pretty generic... it really didn't do much for me...

i did like the characters...

i loved the battle system... having the same number of SP every battle made random battles much less hectic, because you don't have to worry about conserving MP...

... as for the random battles, i had no problem with them... they didn't seem any more frequent than every other RPG i have played (and that's quite a few), and the battle system made it so that the Random battles were usually over relatively quickly.

i still enjoyed the game... it's just that the story didn't really compell me... it did have some great moments though (going through the dark rift was friggin' amazing)

4. Coming from a MGS2 fan? Ha I say! Ha!

5. Other than the random battles I loved the game
    "Remember, not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck."
    Geek in the Desert

6. I enjoyed it quite a bit. I loved the characters, story was fun. It had it's up and downs. I remember that one air shuip part where you have to fight every freaking 10 seconds. That was a bitch to get through. To this day my game is waiting for me just before the last dungeon though...I've had the urge to go through Grandia II again. I freaking LOVE that battle system.

7. Re: Am I the only one who hated Skies of Arcadia?

Originally posted by zidane747
    Maybe FFVII spoiled me
    Me too, sir, me too. No RPG can outmatch FF7. It makes nearly everything else look basic and plain.

Skies looks OK from the demo I played, though. Not remarkable.

8. pssstt...hey rob. mebbe you should play the whole game and experience it before you say FF7 us better. just a suggestion

9. pssst... rob... FF7 was better...

10. Let me guess, you boys who were spoiled by FF7, was it the first rpg or FF that you have played?
    "Remember, not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck."
    Geek in the Desert