Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Tallarico View Post
So when you were talking about design work earlier, you weren't serious.

Glossy is not clearer, it distorts the colors and amps the saturation. It looks great if you're just using your computer to look at the Internet, but it'll fuck you up when you take a picture of the sky, edit it in Photoshop or Lightroom to pick the best shade of blue so the photo looks great, and it turns out for everyone else on the planet that the sky in your picture is a bright green.

This doesn't even count how glossy reflects light in your room and gets in your way.

You're in NY. Go to the Apple Store and look really hard at the MacBook screen. Move your head around to see all the different viewing angles and move the monitor hinge to see just how bad the colors warp when you move it. Then do the same with a Pro and watch the colors and brightness stay almost the same no matter where you're viewing it.

Tommy Tallarico
Hence the reason for this thread. To get info from those who own both Macbook and Macbook Pro or has had experience with them.

This isnt going to be my dedicated workstation but a hardware that I can bring around if I need to do work and not at home to do it.

I'll have to hit up the Apple Store at Roosevelt Field during my lunch break and take a look