Thread: Anyone have the link to the student copy of XP Pro still?

1. Anyone have the link to the student copy of XP Pro still?

I remember MS used to sell XP Pro to students for something like 25 bucks, almost bought back during the summer. Now I can't find it any more, any one know if they still have XP Pro for a student rate or is it just Vista now?

Yes I did do a search, and unfortunately you can't put XP into the search engine, and Windows didn't turn up any of usefulness.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

2. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/academic/default.aspx

?

you'll probably have to get it through your local colleges IT dept

3. My school kinda blows with this because they don't have it. But Rutgers/Seton Hall/Princeton/etc. should have them.

4. Quote Originally Posted by cka View Post
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/academic/default.aspx

?

you'll probably have to get it through your local colleges IT dept
    Hmmmm that doesn't seem to be it.

I could have sworn some one here posted like a straight up link to MS's academic something, where all you had to do was put in what school you go to and you could buy XP Pro for like 25 bucks.

Ohh well thanks for the help though.
    Where I play
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

5. I did...your school has to have an agreement with Microsoft to get deals like that. It's not the standard academic pricing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

6. Quote Originally Posted by K3V View Post
    I did...your school has to have an agreement with Microsoft to get deals like that. It's not the standard academic pricing.
    Do you have to go through the school?

I'm pretty sure NYU is part of their shit.
    Where I play

7. Mine was from UB, and yes you had to order it through the school. I'd ask your IT department or check their site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

8. Alright I'll have to email the IT department in the next day or two . Thanks.
    Where I play