Page 14 of 188 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: Cave + Xbox 360 OMG

1. Quote Originally Posted by Thief Silver View Post
    This guy would probably be a lot more favorable had he not allowed this to come out.

But yes, Microsoft is being retarded.
    Exelica is a rather good game, IMO. Good thing Warashi got this out when they did. For many, it has never been playable on a console until it hit the 360.

I'm not interested in buying stuff like Pac-Man, Dig Dug, etc. for $5 a pop. Arcade games that have never been ported perfectly to console are welcome IMO. Namco needs to do games like Rolling Thunder 2 (arcade), Nebulas Ray, etc. - but I don't mind if they do Assault once more. That one deserves an XBLA re-release as a two-for-one with Assault Plus.

Ditch him, MS.

2. Still not thinking right? Then it isn't working.

3. Not that I have any delusions that it is all that different than a rant posted in a random place on the internet, but for the next Back of the Book (last page editorial every month in Play), I wrote about the state of the digital download stores, and some of the mistakes being made as I see them (inspired by this latest development).

I kind of compared things to the iTunes Store: Apple isn't sitting there telling people what songs are albums are or aren't "iTunes material," they put shit up and let people buy what they want. Why should XBLA or PSN be any different?
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

MS has this delusional concept of a "managed marketplace" where everyone buys everything because it all co-exists in harmony and no two games overlap in concept.

5. We felt so frustrated. We wanted to show them that their decision was wrong. So we switched our two most promising projects into retail
    Yea MS will surely see their error when these do 5k at retail.

6. Could be even lower - Raiden Fighters Aces has only sold 3000 copies.

7. Yea but I think Cave is a bit more popular, even so, the PS2 ports didn't do that well sadly.

8. Quote Originally Posted by blueskied View Post
    Could be even lower - Raiden Fighters Aces has only sold 3000 copies.
    I was one of those 3000.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

9. I would be but, oh wait, not region free. I wonder if they realize that it'd sell more in the US than Japan, seeing as how there are about 50x as many systems. Even if the Japanese 360 fans ARE hardcore.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    I would be but, oh wait, not region free. I wonder if they realize that it'd sell more in the US than Japan, seeing as how there are about 50x as many systems. Even if the Japanese 360 fans ARE hardcore.
    QFT, and all that.

James