Page 17 of 188 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: Cave + Xbox 360 OMG

1. Quote Originally Posted by blueskied View Post
    The Famitsu article says the developer and publisher is CAVE.
    Good news. Now it looks like Cave's decided to quit missing out. Day One import.

Quote Originally Posted by Tain
    obligatory ibara/mushi port bitchin' goes here
    QFT. Hopefully 5pb or even Cave theirselves will port these to 360 (as double packs - one with Ibara & Ibara BL complete with the PCB slowdown, and both Mushis).

2. So outside of buying a Japanese 360, is there any other way to play region-locked imports?

3. no. I heard that there's some stupid crazy ass backwards way of temporarily changing region code or somesuch. Maybe. Sounded horrifying, though.

Deathsmiles 360 official site:

http://www.cave.co.jp/gameonline/Xbo...les/index.html
    Last edited by Tain; 02 Sep 2008 at 01:50 AM.

4. I'd happily shell out for a 360 for Cave games and Raiden Fighters.... just not a import box saddled with a hefty price tag. Worst cocktease of all time IMO.

Any further info on the first two Cave releases? If they're working on Deathsmiles internally they might have broken off with the previous developer.

I don't understand what is so hard about localizing shit like shooters. Just let Bbobb into the office for a day and let him translate the 40 words of text.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

6. I think it's the whole "who the fuck would buy this over there" part combined with the "we don't want to sell this for $10 when most of the people that would buy it here will pay $60 anyway" part.

7. It's more the issue of someone has to get the rights, and companies like Cave have this inflated sense that their games are worth WAY more in royalties than they would actually sell in the US.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Low View Post
    I'd happily shell out for a 360 for Cave games and Raiden Fighters.... just not a import box saddled with a hefty price tag. Worst cocktease of all time IMO.
    Big price cuts coming on September 11. The JP Arcade version is going to be about $175 USD.

Mo info here.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    Big price cuts coming on September 11. The JP Arcade version is going to be about $175 USD.
    Which is nice, but we won't be able to get it for that price from Play-Asia and the like.

Also, what the fuck are we supposed to do when our J360s all Led Ling on us?

10. Have there been any RROD issues lately? Like, the arcade model should be pretty damn sound, right?

If I can get it for under $250 when all is said and done, I might go for it. Maybe sell my US box, too.
    Last edited by Tain; 02 Sep 2008 at 09:58 PM.