Page 9 of 188 FirstFirst ... 578910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: Cave + Xbox 360 OMG

1. I don't see how putting it on the 360 is a "waste".
    Currently the 360 is the #1 choice for 2D shooters on next-gen consoles so it makes sense that publishers would take an interest in it(and with the shooter market as niche as it people will buy practically any system if it has solid support even though the games themselves tend to sell a piddly amount of copies).

I mean hell let's see:
    -Triggerheart Excelia
    -Omega Five
    -Raiden Fighters compilation
    -Shikigami No Shiro 3(which outsold the Wii version 3:1 as Tain pointed out despite the Wii outselling the 360 4523532532:1)
    -Ikaruga as well as an all-new shooter by Treasure on the way
    -A number of other oddball shooters by random devs that most likely suck but their existence is noteworthy regardless.

5pb is going with the 360 because as of right now that's where everyone else is heading. The PS3 has basically zippo in terms of shooters(unless you count that one by Play-Asia lolz) and aside from Shiki 3 the Wii has...um..Blast Works?

Not exactly surprised that Cave has nothing to do with this, considering they have no interest in the console market(waste of time/resources). Cave's PS2 support extended to as much as "Yes we'll let Arika port our nearly-a-year-old arcade games while we make sequels to all of them oh and sorry about Mush and Ibara but we were too busy working on games that'll make more money."

I expect in a year or two we'll see ports of notable sequels like Mushihime 2 and ESPGaluda 2 but for Muchi Pork? Pink Sweets? Death Smilies? They'll find a spot next to Guwange, Progear, Dangun Feveron, and ESP Ra De so everyone can wait for the next MAME release.
    Last edited by PepsimanVsJoe; 07 Mar 2008 at 02:39 PM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by PepsimanVsJoe View Post

I mean hell let's see:
    -Triggerheart Excelia
    -Omega Five
    -Raiden Fighters compilation
    -Shikigami No Shiro 3(which outsold the Wii version 3:1 as Tain pointed out despite the Wii outselling the 360 4523532532:1)
    -Ikaruga as well as an all-new shooter by Treasure on the way
    -A number of other oddball shooters by random devs that most likely suck but their existence is noteworthy regardless.
    You forgot the awesome Aegis Wing.

*Edit. Nope, it fits that last category.

3. Quote Originally Posted by PepsimanVsJoe View Post
    5pb is going with the 360 because as of right now that's where everyone else is heading. The PS3 has basically zippo in terms of shooters(unless you count that one by Play-Asia lolz) and aside from Shiki 3 the Wii has...um..Blast Works?
    And ShinChuuka Taisen (but, you know, it's crap...)... granted, if you add in downloadable content, the Wii does get a slight boost for stealing from the best of 16-bit.
    "with new weapons perceived some disquieting movement"

4. Quote Originally Posted by Kiken View Post
    granted, if you add in downloadable content, the Wii does get a slight boost for stealing from the best of 16-bit.
    This is true.
    Then again I'm biased against the majority of 16-bit console shooters so I guess that's why it slipped my mind(I think the only shooter from that era I still play is Thunder Force IV.)
    Last edited by PepsimanVsJoe; 07 Mar 2008 at 01:02 PM.

5. But see, porting old 16 bit shooters does jack shit for Shooters as a whole, it says "Hey here's some old games that you can play a million other ways" versus new ones going to the 360 which says "Hey, Shooters aren't dead, in fact, they're coming back strongly on mainstream systems. We're going to keep making them because this shows we're confident in the love for them"

360 > Wii for shooters.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Shou View Post
    5bp is just a publisher...
    No, they're primarily a developer. Most of their games are published by other companies (such as their recent PS2 adventure dating sim game Umisho, which was published by Alchemist).

It would be really nice if there came a day where I can play Ibara on MAME so that I can confirm how allegedly shitty the PS2 port is. As it currently stands, it's the only means I have to play the game, so I have no way of knowing how bad it is. I'd still rather have the game than not.

I don't doubt it's bad, though. Five minutes of Dodonpachi on MAME got me to sell my Saturn copy.

Regardless, I'd buy these ports even if they're fucked up, too.

btw, 360 > Wii for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhal View Post
    One could also say they might be crazy enough to buy the game anyways just for completeness sake.
    I found that guy.

9. There are a lot crazier. Just look up "zak" on shmups forum.

10. Quote Originally Posted by PepsimanVsJoe View Post
    I expect in a year or two we'll see ports of notable sequels like Mushihime 2 and ESPGaluda 2 but for Muchi Pork? Pink Sweets? Death Smilies?
    Actually out of all 5 of those games I'd say DeathSmiles has the greatest chance of a port. It's a horizontal shooter and it's easy. It even has cut scenes and story segments throughout the game. So it has "console port" written all over it.
    The extreme loli factor in the game makes it even more likely.