Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Righteous Kill

1. Righteous Kill

I didn't see a thread for this, but it looks pretty good.

Short synopsis:
    Longtime partners Detectives David Fisk and Thomas Cowan investigate a series of vigilante killings in a gritty and sophisticated New York City crime thriller.

Its to be release September 20th.
    Trailer:
    http://www.righteouskill-themovie.com/

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	righteouskillposter.jpg 
Views:	364 
Size:	171.3 KB 
ID:	32806  
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

2. Fuck 50 cent. You would think DeNiro and Pacino would be enough star power to go around that they wouldn't shit it up with this derelict.

3. I'm not going to ignore a movie because of one of the minor parts. 50 doesn't even get a mention on the poster.

That said, yawn at the whole "disilusioned cop who takes back the streets" angle. I might check it out on video because I love DeNiro, but the trailer's not winning me over.

4. Actually read the story thats on the movies website. It's actually ... two cops are hunting a serial killer who's killing all the criminals that the courts have deemed innocent. The suspect maybe a cop, ex-cop, or someone else.

5. Still not really a very new twist on the vigilante thing. Dexter revived my interest in the vigilante genre by putting a new spin on it, but this doesn't have me convinced. I'd rather watch Taxi Driver, you know?

Like I said, maybe when it hits video. DeNiro's movies are always worth watching, but not always worth $10 to see on a big screen.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 11 Mar 2008 at 08:30 PM.

6. Maybe it's just me, but Pacino and De Niro seem to be just dialing it in in recent years - a far cry from their 70s-80s work or even Heat.

I'm actually more interested in seeing if there's a Carla Gugino sex scene.

7. Cop movies are all the rage right now apparently, and so is using the Rolling Stones in trailers for them.

The movie looks like it should be pretty good though, plus its written by the guy who wrote "Inside Man" and that movie was awesome. Its just not too interesting because the genre is so flooded, this what it must have been like in the 1970s.

Interesting that DeNiro and Pacino are getting back together, it was a big deal when they were both in "Heat". But back then they both had glistening careers, while now they both have been starring in shitty movies left and right. DeNiro (Showtime, Hide and Seek, Godsend, The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle), Pacino (two for the money, gigli, S1m0ne, the recruit). The two just don't feel like the same level of actor anymore.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

8. Well the other thing it has going for it. It was done with a budget of under 80 million. AND its done by an independant studio. SOOO ... maybe they are trying to rekindle their careers. Maybe.

9. $80,000,000 is a pretty huge budget for this kind of movie, man, pretty comparable to studio films.

This hardly looks like an "indie cred" kind of movie, either. It's a mainstream studio independent. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I'm sure they're both getting a healthy payday out of this, and I doubt they need any more cred than they have anyway.

10. Is this the movie they shot scenes in New Haven, CT for? I remember my family members calling up and going, "OH MY GOD, I JUST MET AL PACINO AND ROBERT DENIRO!!!!!!"

Seems like a decent film.