Page 1 of 45 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Aliens: Colonial Marines

1. Aliens: Colonial Marines

...here we go again? The Bull-Shots look promising, but I dunno. Will it hold up to Alien vs. Predator 2?
    Quote Originally Posted by Games Radar
    22 years seems like a long time to wait for a movie tie-in. But, then, not every movie is the genre-busting horrorfest Aliens, James Cameron's all-action sci-fi sequel to Ridley Scott's similarly brilliant Alien. If Aliens: Colonial Marines is even half as thrilling an experience, the double decade wait will have been worth it.

It's not exactly a tie-in to Aliens - instead Colonial Marines takes place after Alien 3, with a squad of the aforementioned grunts on a mission to locate the Sulaco spacecraft and figure out where Ripley, Apone, Hicks, Burke, Gorman and the rest of Aliens' ill-fated cast have got to.

This month, both Official PlayStation Magazine UK and Official Xbox 360 Magazine UK were lucky enough to witness Colonial Marines in action, while visiting developer Gearbox. We've gathered together some of the juiciest new info morsels:

- There'll be a range of both claustrophobic indoor combat and less-restrictive outdoor conflict. Art on show in Gearbox HQ shows city areas, too. Though we'll probably be happy about being cooped up in a dingy colony base, with plenty of room to hide, when it's time for the Make A Stand scenarios.

These pre-determined moments see you first holing up and preparing a location to defend, with bomb-traps or auto-turrets, or by sealing doors with hand-torches. Then, the aliens begin to swarm your position. We're wetting ourselves already.

- It will feature four-player drop in co-op. With either system link, split screen or online multiplayer support, you'll be able to face the horde of xenomorphs alongside your buddies. Or run away and leave them to deal with the mess. Whichever.

- It has quick-time events. But, fortunately, instead of huge button-icons appearing on screen and destroying the brooding atmosphere, subtle colour-coded tinges to the edges of your view will alert you to a required button press. Though OPM rekon it takes some getting used to.

- Gearbox haven't put the acid blood in yet. Eventually, the acid blood splurged from wounded aliens will scar and damage the environment - though not quite so much that the floor will fall out from under you.

But when OPM saw Colonial Marines, the blood wasn't wreaking this sort of havoc, though Gearbox assure us all that "there will be acid blood in the game".
    http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/al...04114510395087
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aliens-colonial-marines-02--article_image.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	32882   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aliens-colonial-marines-03--article_image.jpg 
Views:	860 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	32883   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aliens-colonial-marines-07--article_image.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	17.4 KB 
ID:	32884   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aliens-colonial-marines-11--article_image.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	32885  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aliens-colonial-marines-15--article_image.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	32886  
    Last edited by YellerDog; 12 Mar 2008 at 11:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. High-res Alien facehugger vagoo incoming.

3. This looks fantastic. I have faith that Gearbox won't screw this up. I love the Make a Stand idea, especially in co-op.

I can't wait for this, and it's been a long time since I've said that. Late 2008, right?

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

4. Looks awesome.

5. The graphics look amazing, but the gameplay has a lot to live up to when you have a classic like AvP2 out there.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

6. If this is acutally turns out awesome, it will sell me a (current) gen system, no question. That is the long and short of it.

Nothing has made me "need" a 360 or a PS3 yet. This would do it.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 12 Mar 2008 at 01:59 PM. Reason: game over man game over

7. This was the cover story for Game Informer. Holds a lot of promise.

8. I saw that too. I'm really suprised a thread wasn't made before this.

9. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    I'm really suprised a thread wasn't made before this.
    Actually, there was. Six years ago.

10. lol

I like how you were all "An FPS... on a CONSOLE???? Preposterous! It Will Nevah Work!"