Thread: Akira...the manga

Akira...the manga

I love the movie and I was told that the manga series is killer. Does anyone have this for sale or know someone who does. I believe that the complete set is 36 issues and I'd like to aquire all of them.

2. i don't know anybody inparticular... but you should check out yoru local borders.

they have it here and its a rather small shop...

its bundled into some VERY large manga books and the highest # i've seen is 6... could very well be the whole series... didn't check the price but i'm guessing approx 20$ each... these books are HUGE

3. ...

The comics from Epic (marvel) comes in a set of 38 and in color, dark horse just released the 6 big book set, in black and white

4. Re: ...

Originally posted by Yasuzake247
    The comics from Epic (marvel) comes in a set of 38 and in color, dark horse just released the 6 big book set, in black and white

Hmmm....the Epic ones are in color? I have the first dark horse book...I didnt know they where avaliable in color though
    your mom

5. ...

The Epic versions are definitely the way to go, though getting the series isn't going to be cheap--they go for 10+ each nowadays..and the earlier books are a lot more...

I swear there were harcover collections that predate the recent Dark Horse softcover collections...but I can't find any info on them ...
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

6. I've read softcover trade collections of the Epic issues, so they definitely exist. Finding the Epic issues is murder, though. Hopefully something will convince DH to try and acquire the rights to the old Epic colouring jobs, since they were excellent and really improve on the original material, making it look alot more like the film.
    -Kyo

The big rerelease volumes can be bought at any large chain bookstore. The comics can be purchased on Ebay.