Page 1 of 8 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: [Blank] is in it? I've got to see it!

1. [Blank] is in it? I've got to see it!

There are a few actors that I really dig, and I'll watch anything they are in. For instance:
    Paul Giamatti: I first became enthralled with him when he portrayed the Oscar worthy role of Pig Vomit in Private Parts. Since then I've tried to see everything he has done. He has never failed to deliver, even if the films he was in did (see: Lady in the Water).

Philip Seymour Hoffman: Being that he is a local boy (grew up in Fairport, which is about fifteen minutes outside of Rochester), I've always had an eye on him. A phenomenon in such heavy hitting roles such as Allen from Happiness, George Willis, Jr. from Scent of a Woman, Scotty J. from Boogie Nights, and Brandt from The Big Lebowski; he also managed to shine in smaller films such as Capote, Before the Devil Knows You're Dead, and Magnolia.

Gary Sinise: I first caught him in Of Mice and Men where I thought he did quite well. Forest Gump and Apollo 13 sealed it for me. He never seems to get the lead roles, but he always stands out and is a fine supporting actor.

Ed Norton
    Tim Curry
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

3. I more this way with directors and writers than actors.

Right now I'd probably see anything with Will Farrell or Steve Carrell in it. I even saw the mediocre Semi-Pro and Dan in Real Life.

4. Put me in the "directors" column.

Give me the name of a favorite director and the title of their new movie, I'll see it without even looking at the poster.

"Stars" tend to go for any kind of bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. Barbara Streisand.

Steve Carrell is probably a safe pick for me. I didn't see Dan in Real Life but only because nobody wanted to see it with me. They were all homo's.

Brad Pitt seems to be in a lot of really awesome movies all the time, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    but only because nobody wanted to see it with me.
    This seems like a bullshit reason not to see a movie you want to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Put me in the "directors" column.

Give me the name of a favorite director and the title of their new movie, I'll see it without even looking at the poster.

"Stars" tend to go for any kind of bullshit.
    So list some directors.
    Tony Scott
    Ridley Scott
    Micheal Bay (just kidding)

8. I will see almost anything with Bruce Willis in it. Other than that, I can't think of any. I watch reruns of Cold Case sometimes because I like to look at Kathryn Morris.

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    This seems like a bullshit reason not to see a movie you want to see.
    For real. If I pussed out when everybody ditched me I would have missed one of my best movie experiences ever. Godzilla: Final Wars at the Brattle oh shit

9. Ben Stiller - when I first saw him on the short lived Ben Stiller show. I couldn't stop laughing and I followed his career ever since. I loved him in Meet The Parents and I think I am the only one who liked Mystery Men.

Al Pacino - I am still trying to get his whole film catalog, I will one day. Of course, Scarface, but I really like him in Devil's Advocate (where I got my screen name too). Heat was an outstanding performance and Scent of a Woman was a complete change of character for him, since he was trapped in cop/bad guy hell. Though Carlito's Way was freaking unbelievable.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    I think I am the only one who liked Mystery Men.
    You're not. That's one of those films that I hated at first, but it grew on me.