Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: 1942: Joint Strike

1. 1942: Joint Strike

http://the-magicbox.com/0803/game080313d2.shtml

Capcom is getting ready to release a reboot of 1942 on XBLA and PSN, with online 2 player support. So far the graphics look about OK- nothing truly amazing. Backbone Entertainment is doing the development.

There are some 19XX style medals in a few of the screenshots.

2. Is sprite work really that time consuming? I opened that link and was completely drained of any enthusiasm I had for this game. Those graphics look like shareware shit from 2000.
    Finished Games of '09
    nothing at this time

3. Looks a lot better in motion.

Would be nice if they added some more color, though.

4. I'm trying to remember the monochrome levels in the original arcade game and coming up blank. Why do so many developers think that "monochrome" is the same thing as artistic style?

James

5. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    Looks a lot better in motion.

Would be nice if they added some more color, though.
    Looks a lot better if you Strike a Joint.

Well, someone was going to make that bad joke, I'm just a little ashamed it was me.

6. No, no one was

7. Guh. Interest went to zero when screen shots were shown. With the work they are putting into Bionic Commando-ReArmed and SF2HD, they do this with 194X? Ick. Where are all the tropical forests?
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

8. God stop bitching. The game looks fine in motion. Much better than most XBLA/PSN games.

it looks GREAT in motion. Read the XBLA thread.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

So now that we have 16:9 standard, Capcom updates a fucking vertical series instead of something like UN Squadron that would actually benefit from the extra real estate. Idiots.