Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: HDTV me!

1. They're not going to pricematch an online retailer. Just buy it through the TNL store.

2. Quote Originally Posted by mannerbot View Post
    They're not going to pricematch an online retailer. Just buy it through the TNL store.
    It's what real men do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

3. That thing probably has 120hz, doesn't it? People seem to like it but it gives me a headache.
    tweet the wet sprocket

ultimate showdown

4. Yeah, it's a 120hz tv. How does it give you a headache?

James

5. Quote Originally Posted by mannerbot View Post
    They're not going to pricematch an online retailer. Just buy it through the TNL store.
    I bought the exact same TV, except the 46" model, and Circuit City price matched Amazon.com for me.

Quote Originally Posted by TODE View Post
    That thing probably has 120hz, doesn't it? People seem to like it but it gives me a headache.
    Are you talking about the anti-judder feature (Sony calls it Motion flow)? 120hz should not give you a headache.

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6449_7-6792632-1.html

James, like I said, I have the same model TV and I love it. It is a great choice.
    Last edited by Ryan; 02 Apr 2008 at 09:32 AM.

6. I haven't seen the Sony's but if you put Samsung's 120Hz mode on high it is indeed headache city. Works much better on low.

7. From what I understand, these TV's always display at 120hz. The feature you guys are talking about is anti-judder. Read the article I linked to above.
    Last edited by Ryan; 02 Apr 2008 at 02:13 PM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Yeah, it's a 120hz tv. How does it give you a headache?
    It moves too fast. Look at the scrawl at the bottom of a news channel with 120hz turned on. 0_0

I should point out that this was on a Samsung set. For some reason the Sony set did not cause this problem, although it made an episode of Star Trek: Enterprise look as cheap as an episode of Dr. Who.
    tweet the wet sprocket

ultimate showdown

9. Quote Originally Posted by Valgar View Post
    From what I understand, these TV's always display at 120hz. The feature you guys are talking about is anti-judder. Read the article I linked to above.
    If you don't have anti-judder 'on' 120hz doesn't do anything. It will display the same frame for the same amount of time (because it doesn't have another frame to display without the anti judder feature creating it). When I referred to having 120hz on, I meant whatever they are calling their anti-judder, which I can't remember the name of.

10. Quote Originally Posted by stormy View Post
    If you don't have anti-judder 'on' 120hz doesn't do anything. It will display the same frame for the same amount of time (because it doesn't have another frame to display without the anti judder feature creating it). When I referred to having 120hz on, I meant whatever they are calling their anti-judder, which I can't remember the name of.
    I see. Sony calls it Motion Flow.

I don't like it on for live action movies, but it is amazing with animated films.