Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trying To Locate an Older Anime Series

1. Holy crap, dude. That's it!

I had been trying to find a complied list of ninja anime from that time period and then read through their synopses or cover art to try and pick the right one. If I had gone by the art from wikipedia...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dagger_of_Kamui

... I would have skipped right on by that. The plot they gave has some strangely familiar elements to it, but nothing in detail on the sword (dagger now) significance or the girl he ends up traveling with. But, this site...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ime.php?id=569

... actually has the art I recognize and mentions the girl and going to America. Man, I don't know if I'd ever have gotten that one with all the varying descriptions around the web. Tell me you've actually seen it and didn't pick that one out of the blue based on the description I gave.

Anyways, thanks a million (or however much sounds like a lot to you).

2. I saw the badly localized version of it a long time ago (I think it was retitled "Legend of the Ninja Warrior" or something similarly generic), and vaguely recalled the bit about traveling to America.

3. http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6...0692/4/0/-2334

Dagger of Kumai (Don't know if it's a bad version) for $9.

4. Yeah I remember this anime also. Still no sign of what I originally posted about. Thing is I know there was a collection of the whole 39 EPS iirc released on Laserdisc.

Someone out there has got to have that thing somewhere..
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

5. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Ok I've about givin up on this. I've been trying to locate anything for an older anime called NG Knight Lamune & 40 in terms of EPS or even mp3s and have been lead around a ton of broken links to sites that have virtually nothing outside of youtube links so I at last turn to tnl.

Does anyone have or know where I can locate anything from this older series?

I know it's an older thread, but I wanted to note that I've been looking for the rest of this series for a decade now. I don't think it is out there.

I also have the 1-4 Hecto eps of NG in a box somewhere (I hope at least.) I also managed to pick up all 26 episodes of VS Knight & 40 Fire, which were also some poor quality subs. Plus two imported NG soundtrack CDs.

The tapes are deteriorating, and were crappy copies to begin with. So I've since ripped them off to DVDs. The rips are a damned mess, though- the VHS-to-DVD player I borrowed to do it put breaks in every 15 minutes, and farked up some of the scenes. (It lost video every time it put in a chapter break.)

I haven't had the time to do it again. I'd planned on a crude re-mastering of that series just for my own archives, since I can't find a high-quality source for that series, either.

I haven't seen anything from NG save for a laserdisk collection. Raw Japanese of course. What few times I've seen it from a US importer it was $300-400 for the box set.

Star Child is selling something, but I can't read anything on the page, so I have no clue what this is. Is that a future date in the middle? A new release? A DVD box set? (I'd considered buying the laserdisks years ago when I first saw the set, ripping them to disk, and then finding a crew to translate. But I didn't have that kind of cash then. I'm a bit better off now, so such crazy ideas as fansubbing an entire obscure series is possibly an option again. Especially if they're already in DVD format. Throwing subs on a DVD is a relatively simple process. )