Page 13 of 324 FirstFirst ... 911121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: Go, Economy!

1. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    I"m saying you'd be HARD pressed to find a Lexus on MLK that wasn't bought with drug money.
    Fine, let's say it's drug money...So now we have someone living off our checks in a house they pay little or no rent on who are selling drugs for profit without paying taxes and are driving a better car than us. You're okay with this? I'm not.

Oh did you get busted Mr. Banger? Don't worry Jimmy Carter will build you a HOUSE FOR FREE!!!

2. You're talking about the smallest of the smallest percentage of people on welfare. Socialized healthcare would help EVERYONE, but you're still hung up on <.0001% of people not paying their fare share. Way to show where your heart really lies.
    Boo, Hiss.

3. Sounds like they're just smarter than everyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    You're talking about the smallest of the smallest percentage of people on welfare. Socialized healthcare would help EVERYONE, but you're still hung up on <.0001% of people not paying their fare share. Way to show where your heart really lies.
    I know I come off as arrogant, but hear me out man. You work and you provide for your family as do most of us here right? Now if you need help the government should be there for you, you contribute to society by paying taxes. Now let's imagine your child is injured and you rush her to the emergency room and now have to wait for 65 people who are faking injuries for pain pills at 2:30 on a Tuesday that have not had a job in 10 years...How would you feel then? I think if the primary breadwinner in your family works you get healthcare, I have no issue with that.

5. Have you ever had first hand experience with socialized healthcare?

Be honest - it's important.

I have, and you're describing a fantasy cooked up by people who have a stake in keeping it the way it is.
    Boo, Hiss.

6. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    Have you ever had first hand experience with socialized healthcare?

Be honest - it's important.

I have, and you're describing a fantasy cooked up by people who have a stake in keeping it the way it is.
    Socialized healthcare is FINE icarus, but I'll still pay for a doctor who is the best in field. You socialize healthcare you take every incentive away from any doctor in America to perform his job at higher level.

7. No you don't. Most people don't become doctors to care for their patients to the lowest common denominator of their ability. There will ALWAYS be people pushing the envelope - and there will still be incentive for them to do so.
    Boo, Hiss.

8. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    No you don't. Most people don't become doctors to care for their patients to the lowest common denominator of their ability. There will ALWAYS be people pushing the envelope - and there will still be incentive for them to do so.
    Yes the cream of the crop would, but it's still just a job to them Icarus, like it or not. Do you wake up everyday and say I'm going to prepare every meal likes it's this person's last today? No you don't, neither do they.

9. But you're talking about how doctors act now. It would be no different.

Honestly the only reason anyone could think socialized medicine is a bad thing is if they have a direct stake in keeping things the way they are now. Or they believe fake horror stories.
    Boo, Hiss.

10. K, we'll agree to disagree on this. Like I said, I'm not against it in theory, but I want to see some modifications to the Canadian system.