Page 14 of 324 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: Go, Economy!

1. Quote Originally Posted by Biff View Post
    Do you wake up everyday and say I'm going to prepare every meal likes it's this person's last today?
    Actually, it's VERY hard to slack on our preparation when every dish is put in the pass through by the chef. I'm not saying every dish is perfect - but they're all highly acceptable.
    Boo, Hiss.

2. I believe you man, but we all take days off. Look at my posting here, it's proof that no matter what you do, you lose interest.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Biff View Post
    K, we'll agree to disagree on this. Like I said, I'm not against it in theory, but I want to see some modifications to the Canadian system.
    So really you're saying you agree with me - but still want to be difficult about it.

It wouldn't be the end of the world to admit sometimes you're wrong.

I'm wrong often - it's up to other people to straighten me out. That's why discourse is great.
    Boo, Hiss.

4. I said above that I'm not against what you said man, relax.

I just want to ensure some mitigation on how this system works.

5. I like Chex cereal.

Oh wait ... wrong thread.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Fail.

8. He would know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    STFU GTFO

Truth

10. Look Biffykins. Lets take it from a preventive cost analysis.
    Currently it costs about 30k-40k (in the cheapest prisons in america, according to my prof) to incarcerate a person for a year. To get in prison this person has to had been arrested (pay the cops 100-120) on a single patrol/bust/paper work done, then jail expenses, then trial. If he pleads out, no big deal, costs about $200 (totally out of my ass number (D gets like 40-120 a case here, P gets salaried, judge is salaried, ect ect) to pay all involved (P, D, Interns, Baliff, security, electricity, arraignment space/time, court reporter) for their time at the justice system. Assuming he does take his single free constitutional appeal (free to thousands, like say $100 for some appointed idiot). Lets say he gets a short sentence of oh say 3.3 years, so ~100k, not including court and appeal costs to house some moron who decided it was better to be a gang banger than to work at McD for 12k-17k a year, no insurance and a shitty life.

But lets try and execute all felons instead (i love this position). It costs 200-250k to execute someone in Texas (most cost efficient execution process in the nation). Since most felonies these days are for stupid things like say possession or selling, the execution (one time cost) would cost more than keeping them away for about 7 years.

I'd rather keep the bitch on welfare, avoid having to deal with the victims created (poor woman gets beat senseless? No insurance? EMS will take care of her and pass the bill to you TOO) and bitch boyy out of the CJ system. But you can subject the healthcare system to the same analysis, and I promise you even with the 10% abuse rate touted by some officials, providing socialized healthcare in this nation would reduce the national amount spent on healthcare while raising the standard of care.

The only legitimate stance against socialized medicine or social services is one where you say I will not pay for the lazy freeloaders and parasites on the system. Thats fine, but you're going to pay MORE to run them through the criminal justice system than provide a comfortable minimum or on the back end.
    /essay

My personal solution would be to decriminalize all drugs, provide rehab programs who want to get off the junk and hope the dumb fucks commit suicide via drugs.
    Last edited by MarsKitten; 04 May 2008 at 06:11 PM.