Page 15 of 324 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Go, Economy!

There needs to be a system put in place that provides incentives for R&D if healthcare were socialized imo.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    There needs to be a system put in place that provides incentives for R&D if healthcare were socialized imo.
    There is, it's called Pfizer.

3. Michigan plan socialized health care is meant to prevent young people from getting the free emergency medical care. Certain groups of young people don't pay into health insurance because it would be economically silly for them to do so. We are young, and stastically ,virtually invincible. It would be bad monetary odds for us to get the insurance. And we are still covered on emergency care. So, in order to stop us from freeloading on the emergency care, they try to force us to get some degree of emergency care.

From what I gather, most of the extremely poor are already covered, and the extremely old. These guys are the ones who use the system far and away the most. The 15% that aren't currently covered don't use the health system all that much.

Edit: There seems to be a good bit of evidence saying that work ethic has much less to do with the amount you make than "natural ability". Take that as you will.
    Last edited by Anthony; 04 May 2008 at 09:11 PM.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

4. Price action would lead me to believe the market is forecasting a depression. Not a bear market, a depression. I hope I'm wrong.

This is another reason you shouldn't just bury your head in the sand and stay long all the time. The markets don't always go up. If you stayed fully invested, and do catch a bull run, you will still need one hell of a run to just get back to where you were before the bear awoke. If you were planning on retiring this year and assumed your nest egg was in place, you probably just lost two years worth of gains like the Dow did, but that's okay, you can always keep working. Besides, you needed that time to concentrate on what HDTV to buy to replace that CRT set you had, you had no time to ponder asset allocation.

Deserves got nothing to do with it and we all got it coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
    Deserves got nothing to do with it
    lol this was the opening quote by Snoop of the second to last episode of the Wire that I just watched.

6. Snoop and I both stole that quote from William Munny (Clint Eastwood) in The Unforgiven.

The Wire > The Unforgiven

8. Quote Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
    Price action would lead me to believe the market is forecasting a depression. Not a bear market, a depression. I hope I'm wrong.
    I don't think you are and the media doesn't want to acknowledge the possibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    STFU GTFO

9. We aren't heading towards a depression, we are feeling the smack of being 10-15 years behind the global economy shift. You can thank Bernard for that as well as his little lofty group on the hill, he's an asshole.

America really believed they had more buying power than the rest of the world combined, what a failure of a position that was.

We'll recover, but in the meantime people who have jobs that can be replaced by a younger professional should be on watch, myself included.

Companies are going to penny pinch any way they can. If your company starts hyping "lean" anything, gtfo and look for a new job.
    Last edited by Othello Harrington; 13 Jul 2008 at 10:36 AM.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    The Wire > The Unforgiven
    NO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!