Page 16 of 324 FirstFirst ... 21214151617182030 ... LastLast

Thread: Go, Economy!

1. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    NO.
    IAWTP.

2. I really hope Biff loses hs job, and all of his investments turn sour so he can live in the projects and see how many Lexus's there are.

BENZ NIGGA, BENZ!

4. Quote Originally Posted by dave is ok View Post
    I really hope Biff loses hs job, and all of his investments turn sour so he can live in the projects and see how many Lexus's there are.
    Hell of a nice wish to place on somebody.

5. If Bernanke and Paulson would just keep their mouth shut and let the capitulation that needs to happen happen, today may be the day we see blood in the streets.

And anytime the FDIC has to say something like this, you get worried. IndyMac bank collapsed over the weekend, National City is on the ropes, if you have $100K for a single, $200k on a joint, you're insured.

People always think the markets will rebound and go up over the long-term. These are different times. We had a nation, an economy that was addicted to debt, it was smoke and mirrors. A similar economy was Japan, and they haven't recovered yet and it's been close to a decade. There are no long-term guarantees. Sticking your head in the sand, dollar cost averaging down are not appropriate risk control measures. They're great for guys like me who've been short because all you're really doing is giving us your money. They're great for the brokerage firms that tell you the markets will rebound because they won't have a run on their accounts. They're great for guys like Buffet because it sets a floor on his losses. They're hail mary hopes. Protect yourself at all times.

6. Japan won't let the market crash, they're endlessly propping up bad firms which should have gone out of business long ago. Lookup the term zombie business (i think thats it). Sometimes a large, inefficient firm NEEDS to go down hard and there will be consequences to the workforce, economy and investor. That is how capitalism works! You have losers who need to get out of the market or do something else.

7. Market may not crash but how can you make money there when their interest rates are close to 0%? That's why things like the yen carry trade have been so popular - it's almost like free money.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
    $200k on a joint.
    Now that's what I'm talkin' about! Send Bernake my way, I got some sweet & sticky I sell him for a 1/10 that price.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

9. Man, that's how bad inflation has gotten!

10. Yeah? Greenbacks? I got ten million of them.

Uh-uh. Bluebacks.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt