Page 3 of 324 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Go, Economy!

1. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    Cocoa Pebbles FTW. It makes chocolate milk.
    Listen to this man as he is very very wise.

Fruity Pebbles rule as well.

2. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    It's true. Bon Jovi does suck.
    LIES.

I mean, it's no surprise. You can only say Anime Sucks so much before it becomes boring.

3. Maybe Bon Jovi can write a really shitty song about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. If JPMorgan did not buy Bear Stearns the world economy would have flushed itself down the crapper. This was the financial equivalent of the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Also, if you would prefer to discuss cereal instead of the credit market, prepare for a life of poverty.

5. The credit market doesn't mean shit to you if you sleep on a mattress stuffed with money. That's a lie actually
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. Quote Originally Posted by burgundy View Post
    Also, if you would prefer to discuss cereal instead of the credit market, prepare for a life of poverty.
    I am entrenched in it daily, I think a few statements about Count Chocula won't land me in the poor house.

7. Quote Originally Posted by burgundy View Post
    If JPMorgan did not buy Bear Stearns the world economy would have flushed itself down the crapper. This was the financial equivalent of the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Jim Cramer really put his foot in his mouth on this one. (he's the guy who likes having nervous breakdowns on the air, apparently)
    http://www.businessandmedia.org/arti...317110946.aspx

Hot JP Morgan buyout action:
    http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...efer=worldwide
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. Eh. He was either misquoted or misunderstood. I think he was talking about doing business with Bear, not investing in their shares.

You don't invest for a one week turnaround, so it'll be a long time before we know if Cramer was right or not.

In happier news, my company's stock is up 30 points in the ~27 months since I received a sizable equity award of it.

10. National City Bank is apparently looking for a buyer. Which is funny because they just built a brand new place right by a Chase bank.