Page 7 of 324 FirstFirst ... 3567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Go, Economy!

1. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    It's really bullshit and against everything they stand for when the Feds come in and do something like that. I understand that the results of them not doing it could be very bad, but it's not how the free market they all preach works.

Posers.
    It's not a free market. It is regulated as all shit and it's about to get that much more regulated.

2. I'm putting all my money in WAFFLES, DELICIOUS WAFFLES!

3. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. So who bought a million put options on Bear Stearns last week?

5. This is probably why idiots who make 30k shouldn't be buying 300,000 dollar houses. It's also a glimpse at our struggle to remain a financially viable nation. It's pretty sad

Last edited by Othello Harrington; 18 Mar 2008 at 04:02 PM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Bojack View Post
    Bear Stearns just got bought out for 2$ a share. Last week they were trading at like 60 bucks a share so yeah, Bear Stearns got fucked real quick. Wonder what else will happen in the next few months.
    Damn...and I use to work at Bear Sterns doing security in their Madison Ave Corporate Building. The CEO was a snob. I wonder what the actions and faces of people there are now
    Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Something's up with Chase. All of their branches here were swallowed up by Banco Popular. They've practically disappeared, and they had been here forever.
    Here in NY, theres Chase popping up everywhere. Same with Commerce.
    Last edited by bandit; 18 Mar 2008 at 04:13 PM.

7. People were talking about the downfall of bear sterns a few years ago. This is no suprise, it was coming.

What to look for is the enron sized scandal that Countrywide is involved in. This will have a real bearing on the future of lending in this country.

8. I want this thread to keep going. Someone keep me updated. It's interesting stuff. To me at least.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

9. There's speculation out there as to why Bear Stearns (BSC) stock has been up from the $2 sale price. One theory revolves around those who are long credit default swaps (CDS) in BSC and their motivation to see BSC go bankrupt in order to increase their value. There's a fight out there to control the shares as those long CDS will attempt to vote the deal down somehow, while the BSC bondholders are buying stock over $2 to protect their bonds.

Lehman's not out of the woods yet either.
    Last edited by Gooch; 19 Mar 2008 at 09:15 PM.

10. I'm investing in Key Bank, they win.