Page 323 of 324 FirstFirst ... 309319321322323324 LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,230 of 3231

Thread: Go, Economy!

1. That’s not so normal here. You can usually spot one camped out in the Walmart parking lot and rarely are any of them parked out in the bad parts of town. That area is usually reserved for the homeless lifer, that will die in the streets.

I travel about 600 miles a week, all over the Dallas/Fort Worth area. The changes are very noticeable, and it’s gotten to the point that nearly every corner has at least 1 person panhandling.

2. That should be a red flag for politicians.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

3. I’ve seen more panhandling and homeless in Toronto too but I think they’re heading to the streets because the city is shutting down community centres due to budget set backs.

Sucks. Many of my friends have been impacted as the tech scene was pretty shook. But my designer friends in advertising and marketing definitely got the worst of it.

4. When all of the restaraunts and bars were ordered to close their locations to inside services, my local radio station said something about it affecting 300,000 people in the DFW area. That's a lot of jobs!

5. I was going to pick up a few items at a nearby Target, when I'd noticed this sign on top of an amp, along with an odd looking guitar case. I didn't see anybody, but I figured that at least this guy is playing music to try to earn a keep, during these hard times. I got $10 change at the register and thought about giving it to him. I go back outside, I still don't see anyone, so I drive around the back row of cars. When I come around, I notice that the white van has Virginia license plates and it has an AC unit on the back window. He has a little rack over the back bumper with a generator and I see the guy running an extension cord. He doesn't look like he has 5 kids and I don't see a kid in sight, so I just bail on the idea of giving him money.

Attached Images Attached Images

6. That’s a really American stance. Whether it’s 5 kids or just a guy who could use a helping hand — if you had $10 to spare and were feeling charitable why not give it to him?

7. Nobody wants to be mark for some grifter. Why put up money to feel like a chump?

8. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    That’s a really American stance. Whether it’s 5 kids or just a guy who could use a helping hand — if you had $10 to spare and were feeling charitable why not give it to him?
    The guy might be going through hard times, but I got the impression that this guy was living in a van by choice. My BS meter went off big time. I don’t reward dishonesty, especially during an economic downturn that he appears to be taking advantage of.
    Last edited by gamevet; 10 Aug 2020 at 05:16 PM.

9. Attached Images Attached Images
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

10. My cut-off is 6 kids. Sorry try again in 9 months.