Page 320 of 324 FirstFirst ... 306316318319320321322 ... LastLast
Results 3,191 to 3,200 of 3231

Thread: Go, Economy!

1. I know that’s how it is on paper, but c’mon...

2. Go, Economy!

It’s just a house of cards dude, the Fed’s job is to kick the can down the road long enough for the current PTB to die or get new jobs.

The government gives people a bunch of pieces of paper that the government says is worth something.

3. The entire natural disaster situation is a massive moral hazard problem. Congress people vote for rebuilding money for everyone else because they know they’ll do the same when a tornado or hurricane levels their districts and nobody has the balls to say “let’s not rebuild in an area that will realistically be leveled again in a few decades.”

4. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    The entire natural disaster situation is a massive moral hazard problem. Congress people vote for rebuilding money for everyone else because they know they’ll do the same when a tornado or hurricane levels their districts and nobody has the balls to say “let’s not rebuild in an area that will realistically be leveled again in a few decades.”
    I think John Oliver was talking about this - these floods and stuff were given supplemental programs to help with the (stupid) idea that people would move out of the bad areas, but they stayed put. So yeah, it comes down to simply lacking the fortitude to be like, "No. Don't live there."

5. To answer SSJN, we pay our own debt through inflation. It’s how we pay for our own welfare without raising taxes. Inflation and the higher cost of good is the universal tax everyone pays for social programs. We’re are just too blind to see it.

"Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

6. @ssjn you get one real chance to blow out the debt with printing of money which will still have very negative effects. It won't be completely different from a default, in that people will see that lending the US government money is risky. We will lose our hold as the base currency of most dealings all over the world and lose a good bit of our ability to control world markets. And after we do, we have only solved that debt one time, without some serious structural changes in the country we will get right back to that same level in a decade.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

7. "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

8. He didn't not call it...
    Boo, Hiss.

9. Why does America not dig social services? It’s not like you really have to go all or nothing with these things.

10. It’s because we’re not an indigenous ethno-state. We’re a frontier-state seized from the locals. The only way for a multi-cultural society like this to keep peace and prosper is through capitalism or economic Darwinism. However, we even fuck that up by bailing out companies which deserve to go extinct, then nepotism and discrimination. Combating those three would do far more good in providing economic mobility to all, than paying for Freddy Fat Fuck’s gout and diabetes from forty years of not taking care of his body.

Also that economic disparity is a result of capitalists executives taking advantage of communists’ cheap, deprived working class in a global economy (see iPhone & slave made in China).
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt