Page 321 of 324 FirstFirst ... 307317319320321322323 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,210 of 3231

Thread: Go, Economy!

1. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Why does America not dig social services? It’s not like you really have to go all or nothing with these things.
    Because outside of NASA, we're really bad at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

2. I wish Canada was more of an open market. But I’m totally cool with providing services to those who lost the game. It has a lot of good effects on general crime and culture that everyone benefits from.

All creative competitions will eventually see the same 1% distribution. It’s not so bad if you can prevent people from going to 0 on the other side.

3. Seems like a good time to bump this thread. Someone wake up Gooch.

Go Go India Recession!
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

4. Look at that! Even homeless people take their shoes off there, by the looks of it.
    I'd say that's a strong indication that their culture is superior, so they'll probably be okay.
    I think Drew would approve.

5. Are they still shitting in the streets there?

6. Or dumping corpses into the Ganges?
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

7. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Look at that! Even homeless people take their shoes off there, by the looks of it.
    I'd say that's a strong indication that their culture is superior, so they'll probably be okay.
    I think Drew would approve.
    I’m not surprised homeless Indians have better hygiene than middle class Americans.

Given the population density, its probably necessary to avoid a public health crisis. It might be part of the local culture too. White people are actually pretty gross compared to other groups. Not nearly the same stigma around not washing or washing incorrectly. Or at least that is what comedians from 1993 told me.

Also, doesnt india have several free sources of water? I seem to remember that comment in a doc on industry in india contaminating some of those free sources.

It's almost like taking care of the basic resources of your country, provides other benefits.

9. The bland food keeps whitey from stinking
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

10. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Given the population density, its probably necessary to avoid a public health crisis. It might be part of the local culture too. White people are actually pretty gross compared to other groups. Not nearly the same stigma around not washing or washing incorrectly. Or at least that is what comedians from 1993 told me.

Also, doesnt india have several free sources of water? I seem to remember that comment in a doc on industry in india contaminating some of those free sources.

It's almost like taking care of the basic resources of your country, provides other benefits.
    Bill Gates’ Foundation has tried to assist India in proper waste management.