Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USB drive unformatted?

1. USB drive unformatted?

Okay so I'm migrating my mac to leopard. I backup everything to an external HD. Basically I had to reinstall osx tiger then i decided to go leopard. During this process I plugged in my usb drive and it said it was unformatted, where's my data and how can i get it back.

When it said it was not recognized I clicked initialize. I think that mighta of formatted it?
    Last edited by MarsKitten; 17 Mar 2008 at 05:25 PM.

2. Yeah, initialize = format.
    Sorry.

3. any idea how to undo this

4. You can try a program like Data Recovery and hope it just did a quick wipe so the data is still there, but that's about it.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

shit. owned.

6. ty josh for your amazing input. and yes it was a quick wipe which is why i'm asking for recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by MarsKitten View Post
    ty josh for your amazing input.
    You love it.

also: try this to see if there is recoverable data.

8. I used Data Rescue II on a flash card that lost my pictures once and that worked well.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

9. Well it looks like the file tables got totally fucked. Thankfully most of the files are intact. I need a program that would rebuild the FAT32 tables, free, windows or mac or pm me on an otherwise.

Otherwise i'm just going to have to extract 60gb of data file by file.

Try one of these.