Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tales from the Wasteland

1. Are the rumours of a WWZ movie true?
    nocturne:
    "I view terrorists as freedom fighters."

2. Movie is confirmed.

See imbd and wiki. 2010 is the date. Inked by the same guy who did Babylon 5, so that should make Josh happy.

3. Thnx, I'll go to bed now. Wake me up in two years time.
    nocturne:
    "I view terrorists as freedom fighters."

4. I just wrote this entire post post about new works and all and how I was planning on going about this as I finally started work on it, but laptops are fucking retarded inventions with a bunch of programmed features on their keypads designed to fuck up your internet viewing experience if you even think about moving your hands the wrong way.

Anyways I'm still looking for somebody who might be willing to do some doodles for this. It's coming along sort of like a picture-book/comic/photo journal. The narration is done by all the "action" shots while the writing aspect is mostly character dialog and thoughts. Right now I'm focusing on creating a first "episode" detailing the events that led to the world the story is set in (nuclear apocalypse) and will lay out some of the initial groundwork for character introduction and development.

I absolutely suck at drawing/art and I don't have access to a scanner right now so I don't really want to upload any of the stuff but I can dictate it through description if anybody might want to draw a couple of frames or so.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

5. You can't really get a valid opinion until you do some work on it.

Although one note I'd give anyone developing a story is to stop setting things in LA.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    really hasn't been taken proper advantage of in years
    And you're the guy to do it? You should probably learn the difference between "then" and "than" then.

7. Writing is a lot harder than most people think.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    And you're the guy to do it? You should probably learn the difference between "then" and "than" then.

Why are you such a dick? My English usage is not great and I'm far less interested in being a "writer" then somebody who can create a story, setting and characters. I've spent a lot of time writing stories that have received plenty of positive reactions outside of the community (and even still, only on the main boards) on TNL. Stop acting like a teacher with a fucking stick up his ass.

Go find something else to do with your time. I'm not terribly familiar with you on the boards but I've always remembered you being an asshole who comes off as thinking himself higher up on the food chain whenever he finds a reason to attack somebody.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

9. Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post

Anyways I'm still looking for somebody who might be willing to do some doodles for this. It's coming along sort of like a picture-book/comic/photo journal. The narration is done by all the "action" shots while the writing aspect is mostly character dialog and thoughts. Right now I'm focusing on creating a first "episode" detailing the events that led to the world the story is set in (nuclear apocalypse) and will lay out some of the initial groundwork for character introduction and development.
    You come up with a story and art direction and people on here might be interested in working with you. Nobody is going to bite with just an idea and not a terribly original idea at that. Not that something good could not come from it, but you have not given anybody reason to be interested yet.

As far as the writing goes, you can go about two different ways. One is to write the stories like you would a normal story, and then you and an artist adapt it to a graphic format. The other, and they way is to be as detailed as possible. You don't have to lay out each frame in words, but you need to have an idea of the important visual parts of each scene. You can then work with the artist in a story board manner to make the story work. I find the best way is to come up with as much detail as possible. Sometimes I feel like I might be stepping on the freedom of an artist if I do this, but I shouldn't. The person helping with the visuals will love you for giving them details to work with, and will adapt whatever you give them to what they are capable of doing. You just have to be free to alter what you come up with to make it work.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    Why are you such a dick? My English usage is not great and I'm far less interested in being a "writer" then somebody who can create a story, setting and characters. I've spent a lot of time writing stories that have received plenty of positive reactions outside of the community (and even still, only on the main boards) on TNL. Stop acting like a teacher with a fucking stick up his ass.

Go find something else to do with your time. I'm not terribly familiar with you on the boards but I've always remembered you being an asshole who comes off as thinking himself higher up on the food chain whenever he finds a reason to attack somebody.
    lol