Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grasshopper Manufacture

1. I know Fire Pro 3 was his first game with Human, but I'm not sure what else he did.

2. I don't really like Grasshopper, but Michigan was OK.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michigan:_Report_from_Hell
    nocturne:
    "I view terrorists as freedom fighters."

3. Loved NMH and found most of their work unique enough to warrant a playthrough. Kurayami is news to me, sounds like one to watch for.

Great article, how about one on Level 5? *-neo
    Last edited by Low; 19 Mar 2008 at 06:17 PM.

Thanks. Maybe I'll do a Level 5 one sometime when I fix my PC and have the time.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Shooting Love View Post
    Human was also often hit, or miss.
    What if you don't know the misses?
    Still not thinking right? Then it isn't working.

6. Wow. I thought the only games they did that came out in the U.S. were Killer 7 and NMH. Some of those other games don't abide by their "Punk is not dead" philosophy. Very hit or miss like Treasure.
    You don't have to be smart; you don't have to know the facts, you just have to be confident.

http://gamercards.exophase.com/37676.png

7. Quote Originally Posted by Shooting Love View Post
    OH SHIT. Dolemite's in that.

That looks like some kind of "Church of the Sub-Genius" shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    That looks like some kind of "Church of the Sub-Genius" shit.
    That's because it is.

This really is one of the best things to almost happen with videogames, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by some twit on youtube
    I was told this was supposed to be a CD-Rom game for 3DO (a now defunct platform) where two teams of firemen roam around to different parties raking inpoints by entertaining the doomed with musical performances, ending with a huge blue-grass showdown on the steps of the Board of Trade. The winner being signed to a Japanese record company and air-lifted to safety.
    A music-rhythm game before Parappa? So it would have been insane and innovative; orz.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Dipstick View Post
    That's because it is.
    Hot damn! I KNEW it.

It just has that "feel".
    http://www.subgenius.com/stang/X0006_Chicago_pg.html
    I've been in Chicago for the last week, and although I took the modem with me, I never had time to plug it in. I was being an actor in a CD-ROM interactive video game called DUELIN' FIREMEN being produced for the 3D0 system by a group of SubGenius filmakers and computer animator/vr programmers called Runandgun. It's a combination of multiple-choice filmed scenarios and v.r. game situations, all taking place in Chicago while the entire city burns to the ground. I have played two roles in it so far -- first an evil Man-In-Black and second, Cagliostro the evil 1,000-year old Mason whose spells started the fire. What sets this game apart from anything else I've ever seen is the TOTAL MIND-RAPE HILLBILLY SPAZZ-OUT STYLE of it. It makes Sam Raimi look like D.W. Griffith by comparison... makes Tim Burton look like Ernie Bushmiller. It is sick, twisted, weird and 'Frop-besoaked like nothing on earth. It stars Rudy Ray Moore aka DOLEMITE as the main fireman with cameos by Tim Leary, Mark Mothersbaugh, Terrence McKenna, Steve Yow of Jesus Lizard and all manner of local Chicago freaks and jokers. (YES! I spent the week WORKING with DOLEMITE. We DO BATTLE in a scene and you get to "PLAY" us in the game section. Now is that cool or what. Of course, you're probably too SOPHISTICATED to even KNOW who Rudy Ray Moore IS!!! (None of the crew did, although the winos outside the set recognized his VOICE.)) The real stars are the animation, fx and sets. It's like a LIVING-SURREAL CARTOON from the mind of a CRAZY MAN (in this case, director Grady Sein). The Runandgun crew are like this commune of crazed hillbilly technoids. I had the time of my life. The game won't be finished till July '95, though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	truedobbsheadbitmap72dpi.gif 
Views:	138 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	33315  
    Last edited by YellerDog; 24 Mar 2008 at 10:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

10. Limited Run Games has a neat Limited (of course) Edition of Grasshopper's original game: The Silver Case up for pre-order right now.

Steam key is emailed to you on release, extra stuff seems to be coming in December.

https://limitedrungames.com/products...nt=29267095619