Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Caprica

News Caprica

The long-rumored Caprica was confirmed yesterday. It will begin as a two hour TV movie and will continue into a spin off series if it does well. The timeline is 50 years before the Cylon attack.

2. Awesome news. As long as it has the same production values and good action I'm in.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    The long-rumored Caprica was confirmed yesterday. It will begin as a two hour TV movie and will continue into a spin off series if it does well. The timeline is 50 years before the Cylon attack.
    A show like "Dallas"? Good god.

4. Needs more thermonuclear war.

5. Hmmm ... like Dallas has me worried. Yet, BSG=more BSG, so I hope it turns out well.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

6. When they say 50 years before Battlestar Gallactica, do they mean before the current series or before the first series? If it's 50 years before the first series what is the show going to be about? If it's 50 before the current series and about the first Cylon war that would cool, but then they have to worry about being true to the events and designs in the original BSG.

7. Quote Originally Posted by stormy View Post
    When they say 50 years before Battlestar Gallactica, do they mean before the current series or before the first series? If it's 50 years before the first series what is the show going to be about? If it's 50 before the current series and about the first Cylon war that would cool, but then they have to worry about being true to the events and designs in the original BSG.
    I thought the two series didn't exist in the same universe. I'm only on the first season of the new series but it seems like it's just a re-imagining of the original series not a continuation.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

8. No, it's a continuation. The first series is the original cylon war. The new series is the second Cylon war, 40 something years after the first. Adama fought in the first war.

9. That's what I originally thought too but everything I've ever read online states otherwise. Hell, this new series doesn't even fit into the original series storyline (Cylons weren't built buy humans, the first cylon war laster over 1000 years, they were already fleeing the 12 colonies and more).
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

10. Oh yeah, you are right, the character Starbuck is in both. It does a little of each though, because they show the old style Cylons from the past series as the ones from the first war (they were the old model).