Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 1113141516 LastLast

Thread: Kindle: Amazon's New Wireless Reading Device

For xmas Rebecca got me the book that the Dread Pirate Roberts wrote about his time filming the Princess Bride (very, very, very highly recommended) I finished reading it on the bus on the way to work. Fired up the free 3G, and downloaded my copy of the Princess Bride. Was reading the introduction by the next stop.

The convenience is fucking KILLER.

No one was asking about convenience

Yeah, that's exactly how I felt when I started using my old Kindle 3 or whatever at work. I'd finish a book and would be able to turn on free wireless 3G to find and buy a new one that night, when before if I finished whatever I was reading early I'd be stuck the rest of the night. That was back during my boring overnight job.

It felt like the future.

What? Typing <book> pdf into google is hard? Hell, you could use scribd and read all kinds of free stuff. Or google library.

5. ...
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    No one was asking about convenience
    You're right. You were asking a question that kind of showed you didn't know anything about the kindle, so I was doing my best to give you reasons why I use it instead of carrying around paper books.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    What? Typing <book> pdf into google is hard? Hell, you could use scribd and read all kinds of free stuff. Or google library.
    Why would I want to do that when I can download free books from the kindle store and read them on a device with a screen that doesn't fuck my eyes up after an hour or so? PDFs also work on kindle.

7. I like my Kindle. Illegal book downloads tend to be bunk half the time (typos, missing bits), so if I want cheap I order paperbacks used online. Win win. I like traveling with forty books that take up zero space, and the device is pleasant to read on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    You're right. You were asking a question that kind of showed you didn't know anything about the kindle, so I was doing my best to give you reasons why I use it instead of carrying around paper books.

Why would I want to do that when I can download free books from the kindle store and read them on a device with a screen that doesn't fuck my eyes up after an hour or so? PDFs also work on kindle.
    I don't care why you don't carry around paper books. He said the kindle allowed him to have more diverse books than before, as if the kindle did that for him. He could have done that on his own anyway.

You guys, as you get older, attribute more and more shit to specific products when you could have done them on your own all along. Or with other products.

Its like hearing retards back in middle school act Goldeneye event multiplayer or was the only game to have multiplayer at that point when there already were plenty of games that had fps mulitplayer.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 23 Feb 2015 at 08:24 PM.

Have we hit the point where you guys buy the same model car every 5 years and talk about how nice it is that you can use it to get your groceries?

Holy sweet motherfuck. The kindle store has a more diverse selection of books than a physical store. That's probably what he meant. Not that his kindle was going out and finding books for him.

Or wait... I guess it kind of does. I get recommendations on amazon for other books I may enjoy based on the books I've downloaded.